Pandora the Senegal parrot.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Had her since she was a few months old. She's just over 2 and a half now. This was early days. Samson hates other animals. Took some time but I think once he realised she was important to me he was "alright".

I've got loads of pics of her but they're too spread out over various forums. I'll post update though from now on.

From last month.

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
Miss my Senegal had one for 15 years and was planning to take it to college with me. Unfortunately my grandfather walked outside with it and not being clipped it flew the coop. Sad

basin79

ArachnoGod
Miss my Senegal had one for 15 years and was planning to take it to college with me. Unfortunately my grandfather walked outside with it and not being clipped it flew the coop. Sad
That's a massive shame. Hopefully someone picked it up and is caring for it now.

Pandora isn't clipped. She constantly flies around. She's become quite the little acrobat.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
That's a massive shame. Hopefully someone picked it up and is caring for it now.
Pandora isn't clipped. She constantly flies around. She's become quite the little acrobat.
Which is fine as long as you take precautions that she cannot get out of the house. I believe in fully flighted birds too, all mine have their flight feathers intact.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Which is fine as long as you take precautions that she cannot get out of the house. I believe in fully flighted birds too, all mine have their flight feathers intact.
Definitely. My front door is always locked so there's NEVER any accidental walks ins and I've got a "double back door" too. Sort of like a porch.

I was advised to keep her wings clipped by the pet shop. I'm glad I didn't listen to them. She became a different bird once given the freedom to fly around under her complete control.

I have her insured just in case but she's become a fantastic flyer and has never flown into any of the windows or into a door etc.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Tried Pan with a couple of new foods today. Spinach and curly kale. She doesn't seem too keen on the spinach yet but the kale is getting some attention.

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
Awww, I love her! I reeeally want a parrot, but I have to wait until I move out. I also don't know what type of parrots I want, agh. Conures are high on the list though currently.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Awww, I love her! I reeeally want a parrot, but I have to wait until I move out. I also don't know what type of parrots I want, agh. Conures are high on the list though currently.
Have a good read up. I decided on a Senegal due to them being quiet (still bloody loud) as far as parrots go, small and somewhat independent. As in they are "alright" if left to their own devices in their cage.

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
Have a good read up. I decided on a Senegal due to them being quiet (still bloody loud) as far as parrots go, small and somewhat independent. As in they are "alright" if left to their own devices in their cage.
I would prefer a talkative parrot, actually, lol. And a parrot that likes being pet. As long as they aren't as needy as cockatoos, I'm good

basin79

ArachnoGod
Pandora's new cage trapped earlier. Got it set up. It's only for her to go in whilst I'm on my PC which is upstairs. Let's her see me without my headphones taking a beating.