• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Pandinus imperator

PA7R1CK

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was stung by my 4.5" female. I was cleaning her cage removing a dead cricket and I brushed against a plastic leaf which must have startled her and she stung my thumb. There was a little bit of redness, which didnt last very long at all and it was a little bit sore the next day. I did not recieve any medical attention.

nine livez

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
emporer scorp.

i have been stung on 3 different occasions by my female 5.5-6 inch, she's a tank. hurts for about 30sec then nothing. the only thing that shows is a red dot and a litle swelling around the dot. i still love her.......

dangerprone69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Got tagged by one of my scorplings a few weeks back.

I was doing a tank cleaning and I thought I had gotten all of them out. I was fishing around the substrate and found one still in the tank. He must've gotten me when I grabbed him, I didn't even realize that I got tagged until a few minutes later when I developed a small, barely itchy red mark on my hand.

Pain: none
swelling: none
discomfort: none

Kaos

Arachnolord
Old Timer
While separating 32 1" P. imperators from their mom on of them got me in the middle finger on my right hand. I was actually surprised at how much it hurt, think this little bugger gave me all it had. It felt like if you burn you self on a sigarette at the sting site for a couple of minutes and then came a numb feeling that spread into the entire lower arm. After about 12-15 minutes it was ok, just a little numbness in the finger when touching the stingsite.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got stung by my adult female and nothing happened at all. I also got stung by a male and all that happened was minor soreness. That lasted for an hour.

bugs4life

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I was stung by my emp a couple of weeks ago...redness, swelling, stinging, some itching...worse than a bee sting, but still not all that bad. Pain was gone in probably 15 mins or so, itched for a bit longer, then the swelling finally went down after about 30 mins.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I got a permanent bump on my thumb from an emp sting it didnt hurt at all but the little bump stayed and its been like 5 years.

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd have to say that by any means I dont ENJOY getting stung but it does happen every once in a while. I was movin' a couple of my adult emps to a larger enclosure last night and made the mistake...I moved the rock slabs that they LOVE to hide under and without missing a beat, one of my larger females tagged me on the underside of my right hand ring finger. NOW everyone says that they burn a bit, Can't say I felt that...I did have a bit of itching, but after about 15 minutes, it completely went away and that's about it...Either she didnt get that much venom in the sting, or she didnt inject any, not too sure...But Like I said, it happens to all of us at one point!

PrettyHate

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I obviously picked this girl up wrong, and as a result was nailed a couple times. I guess I should have just put her down- but there wasnt anywhere to put her, and I didnt want her running away or getting hurt.

Pain- like getting pricked with a needle
Swelling- very minimal, gone within a couple hours
Discomfort- slight warmth and tingle

The pinch she gave me to really tell me to <edit> off was worse than the sting :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Falyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok ive been stung by Bay's no passed on emp "Pookie".. He used to quite often get stuck upside down between the glass and his fav rock and as a ty for me getting him out he would sting me every time.. never really hurt much just itched a bit afterwords..

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've been stung by this species quite a few times, but I never felt it was worth writing about or acknowledging because it's so minor(to me). Since I got stung this morning while unpacking I thought, "why not?" In the past I've been stung by P.imperator scorpions that varied in sizes from 2" to 8". All being the same reaction; a minor burn at the sting site and that's pretty much it. It swells up for about 5 minutes then slowly goes away. The effects never lasting more then 2 hours. Today, I unpacked a scorpling of this species(5cm, 2") and as soon is it came out of it's shipping container it began waving it's tail till it hit something. That something was my right ring finger. The scorpion kept the stinger in for a good 7 seconds, and immediately I felt a sharp burning sensation, then a small blister formed and that was all. This happened about an hour ago, and now there is no burning or blister. It's like I was never stung. :)

Last edited:

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yep i got stuck today. barely felt a thing just a little pull when it came out lol didnt even itch lol

brandongalea

Arachnopeon
Yesterday evening I was getting my pandinus imperator out of the cage and he stung me in the thumb, at first the sting stuck in place, i couldn't get it off, but after a while it got off. It burned for like 10 minutes but then i was ok

AvdM

Arachnopeon
Its a few years ago now that I got stung by an adult P. imperator. I was taking measurements of the chelae, when the person assisting me, who had been getting bored after the 20th scorpion to restrain, looked away for a second. I had lost some concentration too, and somehow the aculeus ended up in my right hand. The scorpion did not sting me, but either the person assisting me thrust the aculeus into my hand, or I did it myself. I dont remember exactly where on my hand I was stung.

* The size of the scorpion.
Adult
* How the sting occured.
see above.
* What type of physical damage was caused.
small puncture of skin.
* What symptoms you experienced.
Immediate feeling as if someone ran a sharp pencil up my arm (fast!), followed within minutes by a very tired feeling in the entire arm, especially around the armpit.
* How long the symptoms lasted.
Tired feeling in arm lasted about 20 hours.
* What medical attention you received if any.
None.
* Any lingering effects from the sting.
None.
* A picture of the sting if one is available
None.

Last edited:

Malcara

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A few years ago I had an Emperor with a Temperment close to that of a killer Bee. Freak of natur I guess, because he would come after you if you put your hand in the terrarium. One day I was cleaning out the cage and he came out of his hide, of course I wasnt paying attention. He nailed my real good right on the big vein on the top of my left hand. I've been stung before nothing serious but this one being into a big vein sent shockwaves of pain up my arm. Bad luck I guess. Furthermore his aggressiveness did make me wonder if he was a different species I had him checked and sexed sure enough Male Pandinus Imperator. Go figure.

The Emperor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
About a week ago, I was cleaning my 3rd instar P. imperators cage, There is about fifteen of them. One of them ran onto my hand and up my arm. He was on my elbow when I tried to get him off. And thats when he stung me. Very little pain. Left a small red lump, Which was gone the next day.

calum

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
been stung a few times by this spp. mostly at young instars, which was just a dull throbbing pain, like a headache but in my hand.

I got stung by an adult female, that was alot more painful. like a yellowjacket sting but a bit worse.

bhamgreg

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
got mad at me for moving him when i went to clean his water bowl. hes a 4inch long specimen and nailed my thumb. felt like a needle prick followed by minor pain and tingling. no pic the sting didn't swell up or become otherwise visually noticeable unless you looked REAL close.

dairy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Size: 3rd Instar - roughly 1 1/2 inches

Occurred: using right index finger to "shoo" the scorpling so the water dish could be replaced.

Physical damage: not visible to the naked eye, mild redness with no apparent swelling.

Symptoms: A sharp pain similar to a splinter with mild itching

Duration: Pain dissipated in roughly 5 seconds, itching lasted 5 minutes.

Medical attention: None

Picture: N/A

First ever sting! There goes my "Never been stung." line :wall:

arachi american

Arachnopeon
so like everyone else posting in here pretty much, ive been stung by imperators easily hunreds of times. always on the hands or arm...sometimes when i worked at a pet store we'd sting each other just for fun. always just a prick, then maybe an itch and nothing else.

ive always kept androctonus and parabuthus and other random spicies, but i was watching someone's emperor and it had scorplings, the one i kept i just kept warm and fed and wild, never messed with him really other than handing him crickets from the time he was too small to evn sting me.

so tonight i went to feed him but noticed he was acting unresponsive. being an emporer, i kinda prodded toward him to see if he was alright and the bastard jumped up and grabbed my finger like it was food (he takes dead pinks once in a while). normally i could give a crap but since his last mold he's been able to draw blood with a pinch, so i yanked back, bringing him with me.

he landed on the floor right next to my food where i was sitting and instantly took refuge in my pant leg.i tried to get him out carefully, but he was n the denim and jsut had to push up with his telson to get me. being the angry bastard he is, i got the full brunt of 5 stings on the back side of my leg, right through the soft skin and ino the muscle.

not gonna lie, it hurt like hell. and ive taken a few supposedly spicy stings. nothing quite compares. i honestly dont think this 3 year old scorpion had ever used its venom for real. he'd tapped me plenty of times on the hands, but this is different. maybe i just got a lot of venom, because i think i may have got the worst imperator sting, or series of stings, in a while. its been 8 hours now and my leg still burs like hell, my fingers and toes are still tingly, and my eyes are still dilated. no more hallucinations when i close my eyes.

feel comfortable going to sleep now but things were really weird for a while.

i took a picture right after and it had to be color enhanced to really see what was going on:

5 hours later i didnt need color enhancement:

the only way i could describe it to a friend who cant relate to venom in any way was..."it's like ecstacy's evil twin" cuz there was a weird psychedelic effect for me on top of feeling fuzzy and tingly all over...just also happened to feel like what a brand feels like, except the heat is still there. i'd say it's downgraded from a good 8 on the pain scale to about a 4 or 5 now, but my legs swollen and its hard to straighten or walk on.

who'da thunkin?:?

mike

it's been 18 hours now. i've slept, eaten, and taken plenty of benadryl. i feel pretty much like i have a hangover, but my leg is still very tender and more swollen than last night.

lips are tingly still, and teeth a bit numb. the skin on my calf is itchy but the muscle underneath is really sore. can't straighten my leg or walk normally.

i really wanna take some vicoden or something but ive read there can be weird interactions with the venom....probly bull but i'd rather not put it to the test. i took a pic a few minutes ago but i feel like laying down...ill post it later.:eek:

Last edited by a moderator: