Pandinus imperator sling pics, 2 weeks old 2I

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
One of my emperors gave birth 03/11/07, and not wanting to count my 'slings' before they matured, I didn't want to take pics or post about them until now. So here are some pics I took at 2 weeks old. They just left 'moms' back and don't venture far from the hide. I'm not to sure how many are there, when I transfered her from the communal tank to her own tank (03/11/07) I assumed 10 - 12 but I'm not sure.

My slings.

Mom in the shadows, eating.

The early bird doesn't always get the worm, the swift just might steal it!

Is this a case of biting off more than you can chew?

Enjoy Thaedion

Last edited:

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Michael, great job! I think your right, better to not count your chickens before they hatch... or not count your scorps before they molt in this case. Good luck with your juvies.

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
excellent job bro. I'm glad everything turned out good for you. First brood from my female emp failed but I know what went wrong and what I did wrong. It won't happen again next time around. Goodluck with the babies. Time to smoke your cigar. :D

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Michael, great job! I think your right, better to not count your chickens before they hatch... or not count your scorps before they molt in this case. Good luck with your juvies.
excellent job bro. I'm glad everything turned out good for you. First brood from my female emp failed but I know what went wrong and what I did wrong. It won't happen again next time around. Goodluck with the babies. Time to smoke your cigar. :D
Thanks for the encouragement, this is going to be a learning experience for me, this is my first brood to raise. I'm going to be doing a lot of forum searching here to see what to do now. I have the deli cups ready, but any advice is surly welcomed.

Regards Thaedion

Mega

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Great Pic!!
The pic with the little scorpion eating the worm is so funny

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You have the faq for raising pandinus/heterometrus slings right?

If not, http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=69385

Basically, once your at I2 and the slings are seperated your out of the water. Ps if you had no casulities, breed that baby again soon!

Ed
Yeah I read and reread that article, thanks.

Just looking for little tips. Like it looks to me that the mom is killing the worms and leaving the bits around for the 'slings' do they need to learn anything from mom or once they leave the back before the separation?

They retreat to the hide as soon as there is any 'atmospheric' disturbance, meaning as soon as I lift the lid they flee, and the mom seems to come out very defensively, should I pull open the hide to remove them?

Just little things that people have experienced is all.

Regards Thaedion

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah I read and reread that article, thanks.

Just looking for little tips. Like it looks to me that the mom is killing the worms and leaving the bits around for the 'slings' do they need to learn anything from mom or once they leave the back before the separation?

They retreat to the hide as soon as there is any 'atmospheric' disturbance, meaning as soon as I lift the lid they flee, and the mom seems to come out very defensively, should I pull open the hide to remove them?

Just little things that people have experienced is all.

Regards Thaedion
Some folks have kept them up thru 3rd instar with mom however I always put all the young in a separate container. There is really no right or wrong way for doing that, its primarily a matter of preference.
BTW, good job!!! I am glad to see more CB Pandinus. In fact I wish more would be trying to breed P cav.

Zman16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very cool! I hope all my scorps make it to there second instar. Congrats! :clap:

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Very cool! I hope all my scorps make it to there second instar. Congrats! :clap:
Hey Zman Thanks... I've been reading your thread too, how many did you finally have 7 or 8, have they left the mom? I just moved mine to deli cups before work, I had a total of 7. GL on your brood Zman.

Zman16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey Zman Thanks... I've been reading your thread too, how many did you finally have 7 or 8, have they left the mom? I just moved mine to deli cups before work, I had a total of 7. GL on your brood Zman.
My scorpion had a total of seven too! I can't wait till they molt! Thanks for posting these pics because I've been searching the web for pics of an emp on its second instar. :clap:

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Updated pictures, 32 days old

I was just feeding my slings and thought I'd snap a couple of pics. All 7 are still healthy and kicking. They are roughly 30mm mouth to sting. And yes I Disabled the crickets so there isn't much fight left in them{D