Pandinus imperator molt question

Carolinecrawford

Arachnopeon
Hey all,
I’ve had my emp for a year and a half now and it’s molted once, I’d say probably 6 months ago if I had to guess. It’s been awhile. Anyway, the thing is, I never did find the molt.. I assumed it molted in one of its tunnels in the substrate somewhere. Today I was scoping out the enclosure and noticed a molted claw and then started seeing a few pieces of brown exoskeleton in some of the substrate. Has anyone else ever experienced this? It struck me as odd to find random pieces months later. Maybe over time it’s crumbled?

Attachments

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Yeah. Normal stuff. Just broke down while being moved in tunnels.

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
I'm not surprised... I've seen one of my scorpions a week after he moulted, grab the moult and carried it out of his hide and dumped it out front because he didn't want it in the hide... :rofl:

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
Yup, I find little bits of moults all the time in my H. petersii communal enclosure. Sometimes they'll drag the moult out but often as not it just gets mashed into their burrows and comes out a bit at a time.

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
I'm not surprised... I've seen one of my scorpions a week after he moulted, grab the moult and carried it out of his hide and dumped it out front because he didn't want it in the hide... :rofl:
That's very fascinating to know! Scorpions are amazing little critters