Pandinus imperator dead or Molting?

darkuncle33

Arachnopeon
I am caring for my friend’s scorpion for a few weeks while he is on vacation. Today I found it not moving with its legs curled up under it is it dead? It looks like it is to me. But I don’t know much about scorpions as I keep T’s and never owned one. I did get a care sheet it so it can be nothing I did or didn't do I hope:confused:.

Irene B. Smithi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
give it a good 24+ hours... if it starts to stink.. it's dead...

Is it in a high humidity cage??? Does it have water???

other then that...leave it alone till you know.

dairy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ensure the tank enclosure is 75-85 with high humidity, provide water and wait. If you really need to know right away you can bump it gently with a poke stick and see if it responds.

Scorps have been known to "resurrect" themselves after appearing dead.
Wait until it starts to smell before you toss it if you believe it's dead.

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I did get a care sheet it so it can be nothing I did or didn't do I hope:confused:.
If you followed instructions, then it is not you. Scorpions die from old age, undiagnosed diseases, parasites, and many reasons we haven't begun to understand. It's not your fault. It's sad when they go, but as often as not, it has nothing to do with scorpion keeper, even if we don't know why. If your friend is upset, send him to this thread. I will be gone, but others will explain if needed. Be at peace with it. ~r

Chrome69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A sure fire way to figure out if a scorpion is dead or not (which I only recommend maybe doing on low toxic and docile species) is tograb the tail just below the stinger with forceps or fingers if your comfortable with that and slowly drag them backwards. If it doesnt move at all and the legs go forward then it's dead, if it moves its legs back to normal then it's not dead yet or the usual happening if its not dead is it'll try to move forward.

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
that sucks....wow your friend asks you to keep it while he's on vacation and it randomly dies on you...great timing scorpion :p

SK8TERBOI

Arachnopeon
I am caring for my friend’s scorpion for a few weeks while he is on vacation. Today I found it not moving with its legs curled up under it is it dead? It looks like it is to me. But I don’t know much about scorpions as I keep T’s and never owned one. I did get a care sheet it so it can be nothing I did or didn't do I hope:confused:.
Umm I hate to say but It's dead scorpions molt upright I believe if not correct me I do know how ever that my Death Stalkers-(Leirus Quinquestriatus) have done so each molt

darkuncle33

Arachnopeon
Yes it was dead. And my friend wasn't angry at all. He just shrugged and said "it happens". I gave him a Juvenile Female B Vagans, I had two females and one male. Not that I felt I had to I just had it to give away and thought I would give him his first T. Anyway, thanks for the help.