Pandinus imperator care

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am getting one this week. I read tons of care sheets..I just want ot know how enthusiasts like you care for them.

Thanks ;)

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Here is a link to a pretty good care sheet from petbugs.com

http://www.petbugs.com/caresheets/P-imperator.html

I prefer using a deep substrate to allow them to burrow as they would in the wild. Though if you do this you will rarely see the scorpion. Even in the evening/nights it may just hang out at it burrow entrance waiting to ambush prey. I prefer to keep my inverts as naturally as I am able.

With my H.spinifer which are kept basically in the same conditions I cover most of the 20 gallon communal tank with plexiglas to hold in the heat and keep the humidity up.

John
];')

Last edited:

Garbannia

Arachnopeon
Emperor Scorpion

I am to purchase an emperor (AT LAST!) and it seems lucky enough, that the female i will purchase next week is pregnant!!!!! Yes she is, all i wanted to know, it might be a silly question, but.... Do scorpions molt just like tarantulas do_?
I haven't know one that does, but i was told they do.....
hmhm..... any help???

thanks for all!

Attachments

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yeah, they molt similar to tarantulas, although, they don't lie upside down like tarantulas do.
Is that the pregnant female on your arm?

parabuthus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
@ Garbannia
Not sure how big your hand is, I am guessing smaller :), but that Emp looks very large indeed. Nice scorp :clap:.