Pandinus imperator ate babies

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Thats a very common mistake a LOT of articles and videos on the two species are making then.
I have 10 Heterometrus spinifer ALL with AMBER telsons. True H.cyaneus and H.longimanus both have AMBER telsons also.

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
Thats a very common mistake a LOT of articles and videos on the two species are making then.
Yes, many of these articles and videos regurgitate their information from the same sources or from each other without actually consulting anyone with expertise.

zeeman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have 10 Heterometrus spinifer ALL with AMBER telsons. True H.cyaneus and H.longimanus both have AMBER telsons also.
Stupid question, but why 10 of the same species? Did you breed them and keep babies, or you just really like Heterometrus?

To be honest, aside from the hope that the "aggression" of the Asian Forest over the Emperor makes it more active, I really just love that all black smooth look.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Stupid question, but why 10 of the same species? Did you breed them and keep babies, or you just really like Heterometrus?

To be honest, aside from the hope that the "aggression" of the Asian Forest over the Emperor makes it more active, I really just love that all black smooth look.
Both.

zeeman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Why do you like them so much? I realize that's purely objective, but I dont think I have 10 of the same of anything.

Curious because it gets me more excited about mine arriving tomorrow. Also, apologies not trying to derail thread. Thought it was answered.