Pandinus Gregoryi or Pandinus Smithii

enjoier14

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Your's looks pretty damn close to a smithii, I will bust out the ID guide and check.

Now sign off your dial up so I can call you :D
ID guide huh? Where might I find one of these ID guides you speak of:? ?

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just made that one myself. There aren't any for many genus except heterometrus, google Euscorpius its an online scorpion journal. tons of info on there if your brain can sift through it all :)

Malcara

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah only pandinus I like is the red claw which is P. Cavimanus. Never owned one, but I think they look cool. Other than that all Pandinus species are boring they are not very active in my opinion; I'm probaby going to get rid of mine as well. I like fiesty species more interesting. Other than the Giant Desert Hairy = one of my favs.

Last edited:

Venom79

Arachnopeon
Hi

i wonder if tabor kan tell me if this is a Pandinus exitialis

(Photot: Stefan Phalagorn Berstrom)

And if annyone got the Pandinus id keys cold send me them so i can have a look at it i need id keys for the most Pandinus becours its a mess on Pandinus here in Sweden..

Regards Nicklas

Last edited:

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't know what it is. Use my chart. I'm not an ID expert, I just assembled the information. Sorry :(

XMX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This may be off topic, and I apologize, but, would it be ok to keeo Pandinus .G in the same tank as a Pandinus .S.....Or any two different types of scorpions..?

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This may be off topic, and I apologize, but, would it be ok to keeo Pandinus .G in the same tank as a Pandinus .S.....Or any two different types of scorpions..?
Some types of scorpions from the same genus can co-habituate but it is very rare. I've only seen it with heterometrus species.

XMX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Some types of scorpions from the same genus can co-habituate but it is very rare. I've only seen it with heterometrus species.
What about Heterometrus Spinifer and Pandinus Imperator?

XMX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It might be possible but I wouldn't do it.
Ahh, Gee...I Plan on becoming a Major Scorpion collector, guess I should buy another gazillion dollar tank since I should keep them seperate.

What if the Habitat is really big..?
Say....50L, 50w, and 30h ?

I can't seem to find many of the Heterometrus Scorpions in stores....but I find the Emp's in stores just about all the time....

How much($$$) do the Heterometrus Spp's. run for online?