Pandinus Gregoryi or Pandinus Smithii

Lennie Collins

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am trying to figure out with one will be my next scorpion. If anyone have one of these and can share some information with me I will be grateful.

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They are both........ boring :p. Can anyone say... pet hole? I am thinking of getting rid of mine, but i will only trade for Vaejovis sp. other than V. spinigerus.
Cheers

saxman146

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Parabuthus transvaalicus....yeah get one of those. I just got 4 2I babies. They are really aggressive and are taking down crickets that are bigger than they are. Even though they are small, the fight is epic! I can't wait until they grow up. Most scorpions are boring most of the time, but any pandinus in my opinion is level 2 boring....

bigtyler1025

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have P. smithi, it is byfar the feistyest scorp I have ever seen! Haha I love mine!:D

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What did I miss? When the heck did P. Gregoryi become a species at all in the hobby?

I'd like to see some pics :eek:

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have what might be P. gregoryi too that I picked up. But it could be an Opistophthalmus species you're referring to and ..what I've got here, don't know but the one I have is pretty spunky, whatever it is. Since I don't know what it is, I don't really know how to house it so I've given it diff options in the same terr. I've noticed that there has been a shipment of these pale, pandinus-like scorps in lately. I've talked to a couple of people that say they may be a Opistophthalmus species that have come in labeled as Pandinus because of export banning laws. I'm going to go out on limb and say go for the P. gregoryi, or ...the scorpion that is labeled that, whether it's that or not because it might be hard to come by later whatever it is, smithii may be easier to come across. I've only seen smithii in stores but they seem pretty empish like, which is cool enough, I like emps a lot, but the paler one is just different acting. I'm hoping for babies later. Yeah, I'd like to see pics too.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Take pics of the suspected P. gregoryi Galpo :)

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Smithii's are noticeably different even upon a casual glance from the Emp's.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah they do look different, I meant about the way the act. This pale thingy is very pinchy and defensive compared to the smithii I've seen in stores around here.

OK, I'll go take a pic and load it and all that stuff, going to take a while.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah they do look different, I meant about the way the act. This pale thingy is very pinchy and defensive compared to the smithii I've seen in stores around here.

OK, I'll go take a pic and load it and all that stuff, going to take a while.
Old man and his dial up {D

Well I will be up and waiting. In the meantime i'm looking for my pandinus ID guide. I just got a new computer so lost all my cool documents... think I have a book or two on them somewheres.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
OK whipper-snapper, haha, I'm about to load'em. Ha, I feel like Grandpa Simpson "..you're all going to die in a pointless war!" hehe. I don't think I have gregoryi going by some pics I've seen, don't know what it is. Took the pics, going to load them now.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Opisthacanthus rugiceps is one of the only species that comes to mind in that genus that could be mistaken for a Pandinus of any sorts.

Attachments

bigtyler1025

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
There is a picture of what I believe to be P. smithi on my post about helping to id. I'll post on it to bring it up, take a look at it.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have pics of a smithii for sure, hold on I will post them after this one.

This is O. rugiceps again, but a lighter/paler form. Pics of definite P. smithii to follow.

Attachments

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OK I take that back, apparently my email automatically deletes attachments over 6 months old. Anyways, I'd know a P. smithii from a mile away.

Looking over your pics now Galpo.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Your's looks pretty damn close to a smithii, I will bust out the ID guide and check.

Now sign off your dial up so I can call you :D