Pandinus emperator

SpiderFood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey guys, just wonderin, what setup seems to be best for an Emperor Scorpion? And, what do you feed them, I have been trying cickets but it either dont want them or just dont eat much. It seems healthy and active though. Hmmmm.

dale

Whitdadie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
O i would say probably 3 parts potting soil and 1 part cypress mulch, keep it moist for humidity and burrowing (if it wants). No climbing object required but can for looks. Water dish and mist a couple times a week. 5.5 gal probably work fine.

Whitdadie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
o yeah, it might not be hungry. my scorp has not even seen daylight for about 3 weeks now, so not eating is not abnormal. Just make sure you keep trying so when it does get hungry it will eat. You might try a meal worm also, just to see if it is the type of food that is bothering it.

SpiderFood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanx for the info, I had an Emperor once before but sadly it passed. I think it died of un-educatedness for the species. I kept the first one on some kinda astroturf crap with a 10inch log and a BIG waterdish. Feed was still crix, but somebody told me that they are prone to stinging themselves in the top of the head. Hmmmmm. I dont know, anyway........
dale

Whitdadie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i would say the astroturf was the main problem.. haha. Hope this one works out better for you. enjoy