Pandinus dictator losing it

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I was sitting in the bug room and heard some racket going on behind me. A dictator was going bonkers, hopping around, hitting the sides of the container it was in, thrashing around. It wasn’t literally leaving the ground but almost. It would stop and then do it again, no, not a male, it’s a female. Has anybody else here seen this weird behavior before?

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
I've heard my H. troglodytes banging on her cage walls, but that was when she was trying to climb up the sides. Never heard of a scorpion "flipping out" for no reason. How do you keep it, maybe it has a problem with it's enclosure. Pictures would help a lot :D

bigchin

Arachnopeon
No, but I know when they are agitated they are crazier than most. I picked one up and put it back in the 6 1/2" round container for transport and it basically climbed the sides and crawled out as fast as a dog in a cold bath.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I bet somebody else will experience it sooner or later, it gets your attention, some kind of body language that means something to other dictators is my bet, staying in one place but hopping and thrashing a bit, looked pretty funny. It's a female that might be wanting attention from others right next door, might mess with that later and see how it goes.

brolloks

Arachnobaron
I bet somebody else will experience it sooner or later, it gets your attention, some kind of body language that means something to other dictators is my bet, staying in one place but hopping and thrashing a bit, looked pretty funny. It's a female that might be wanting attention from others right next door, might mess with that later and see how it goes.
Lol, soliciting dictator! :p

Ran

Arachnoknight
Galapoheros...I think you got it...she is looking for someone :)