Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Pandinus dictator available

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by dragonfire1577, May 26, 2016.

1. N8Legged

N8Legged Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    how large is yours? i'm wondering if maybe when ken got them he only received two youth's and put those two in the auction together.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Like 7 inches haha I asked for a juvenile too.

3. So I'm guessing he only got 2 juvies also

4. LiHaoRan

LiHaoRan Arachnopeon

Did u get the pics, mate.

5. Kinda confused by this I have the scorp already it arrived Tuesday. I posted a picture and a sexing pic and it's a really big scorp (just shy of seven inches), heck its even my profile picture

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  6. N8Legged

N8Legged Arachnosquire

I posted pictures of mine as well

7. LiHaoRan

LiHaoRan Arachnopeon

Two strikes on the claw, that's what i heard about P.Dictator. What do you think of it, mate?

8. LiHaoRan

LiHaoRan Arachnopeon

Could be one female.

9. Galapoheros

Galapoheros ArachnoGod Old Timer

I'd like to see a dorsal shot of the carapace. Now that some are around, I still haven't seen a real good pic of one.

10. A female, looks just like my SIX females. Anybody interested in having some adult dictator females? I want to breed them. So I need to get rid of some of my females and get a couple of males.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pipa

Pipa Arachnoknight

Galopheros ... I could probably send you a couple of shots ..... I have 30 adults atm ..... they look like an emporer but abit leggier , thorax is different and they are def. alittle more cranky...
    Are these are CITES ? does anyone know if any more will becoming in other than the 500 specimens that came into the USA ?

12. Galapoheros

Yeah CITES, I wouldn't count on seeing these available again but apparently sometimes a request for an export is approved if very little ecological impact is perceived though I've heard this last one wasn't approved. Since they are here, oh yeah, good idea to breed them. You should do well with breeding with that many! I may try and contact you later, I live in Texas also.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  13. If you have males that you don't need and are interested in selling them, then I'd like to buy some from you.

14. LLL Reptile has Pandinus dictator for sale (apparently), but list the common name as emperors. (http://www.lllreptile.com/catalog/152-scorpions-centipedes-millipedes-and-other-bugs) I asked them about this inconsistency and am awaiting a response. If dictators have similar handlability as emperors, I'd be OK with either. But listing something incorrectly makes me nervous about what I am getting. Thoughts?

Has anyone done a comparison on the two species for personality/handlability?

Does anyone know of a reliable source for either species for sale?

THANKS!

15. My big female dictator who is mentioned repeatedly in this thread is a serious jerk for handleability and even hisses or stridulates at me when I bother her, It's nothing like the emperors i've worked with. Most people report they are more defensive to varying levels.

16. Pinkknee

Pinkknee Arachnopeon

How much did you pay for your female from KTBG. Just curious as Id like to get one if I can. Thanks!

17. I got them from backwater reptiles for $60 each. I now have lots of babies for sale for $40 each, $35 if you buy more than 3, in case you are interested.

18. sschind

sschind Arachnobaron Old Timer

two yutes?

Sorry, I couldn't resits a reference from one of my favorite movies.

19. Galapoheros

Haha, I never saw that movie and know that line. I think all immature scorpions should now be called “yutes”. I remember when people were drooling over getting dictators, I’m surprised they weren’t for sale for at least $150. They turned out to look so much like emperors though but with an attitude. They are one of the pinchiest scorpions I’ve had. Sometimes when I put a roach in, one will pinch the dickens out of it and I’m thinking, “Man that thing’s hungry.” Then it throws it to the side, it just didn’t like it around and killed it. Anybody else get babies, .. I mean yutes, I think I have a gravid one or two.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Hootie

Hootie Arachnopeon

New here, I have an inperator that is stuck in a molt and not sure what to do, any advice? No vets who see scorpians around here.

Second question, backwaterreptiles has imperator and dictator for sale...are they reputable? Does anyone here sell either of these?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.