Pamphos expecting armageddon?

TechComMike

Arachnopeon
Pamphohide-us?, Pamphodisappearius? Pamphobuild-a-bunkereus? A curious situation where both of my two Pamphobeteus females, antinous and mascara have chosen to wall up the entrance to their hides in the past two or three days, which since both have large overhangs that stretch well back means making a front wall has been quite an exercise for each one, coco fiber not exactly lego bricks to build with. I have been running the radiator heater overnight more often recently as the temps start to drop so could maybe that and the fairly slow rotating ceiling fan be drying the air too much for Pamphos? I keep the enclosures on the moist side but walled in like that, the coco fiber in their lairs is going to dry out much quicker now than the rest of their tanks that I can dampen (starting to lose faith in coco fiber over the longer term). Anyone else experience Pamphos doing this, neither one was showing any pre-molt signs so I don't think it relates to that?

Jumbie Spider

Arachnobaron
Def a sign of premolt. A theory could be that they do this to build an incubator to keep high humidity in there, and more stable temps but it's fairly common with slings.
Nothing you can do now but to wait it out or rehouse to a smaller enclosure with less substrate to prevent them from doing it.