Pamphobeteus Vespertinus

JenSkin

Arachnopeon
I hate posting on here to ask, cuz y'all can be rude.

HOWEVER. I got a female, and need some advice on how to set her cage.

YES. I googled it. YES, I asked the Exotics/Herp shop.

EDIT: MY apologies, I didn't intend to come off so rude, I know I did. Thank you to everyone who gave advice.

Last edited:

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
I would imagine it would be the same as you would care for other Pamphobeteus species. Terrestrial setup with enough substrate that they can't hurt themselves in a fall, and somewhat moist substrate. If you're ever unsure about a T's care, try looking up other, more common species in the same genus and keep them similarly. If the tarantula gives you clues that it's not comfortable in the setup (climbing beyond what's normal for settling in to a new home, only staying on damp/dry substrate, etc.) make adjustments as needed.

I know some people on here can be a bit blunt, but don't you think you're being a bit confrontational yourself in this case? Asking for help while insulting the people you're asking is the reason a lot of the more knowledgeable people on here are even less likely to help

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
ry looking up other, more common species in the same genus
I was going to say the same. Some of the best advice out there.

Asking for help while insulting the people you're asking is the reason a lot of the more knowledgeable people on here are even less likely to help
Bingo! That is one reason I believe one of our senior members no long is here.

Plus "rude" is quite subjective. I typed a factual answer and told I was rude, for mentioning facts. Who knew people needed a bedtime story and a glass of milk w/their answer.

JenSkin

Arachnopeon
I would imagine it would be the same as you would care for other Pamphobeteus species. Terrestrial setup with enough substrate that they can't hurt themselves in a fall, and somewhat moist substrate. If you're ever unsure about a T's care, try looking up other, more common species in the same genus and keep them similarly. If the tarantula gives you clues that it's not comfortable in the setup (climbing beyond what's normal for settling in to a new home, only staying on damp/dry substrate, etc.) make adjustments as needed.

I know some people on here can be a bit blunt, but don't you think you're being a bit confrontational yourself in this case? Asking for help while insulting the people you're asking is the reason a lot of the more knowledgeable people on here are even less likely to help
My apologies, you're correct. I came off in a more aggressive manner than I intended. I truly appreciate your advice.[/QUOTE]

I was going to say the same. Some of the best advice out there.
I appreciate the advice. Truly

Plus "rude" is quite subjective. I typed a factual answer and told I was rude, for mentioning facts. Who knew people needed a bedtime story and a glass of milk w/their answer.
I didn't mean any harm, I suppose I got defensive, due to previous issues. I REALLY appreciate your help. I mean that.

Last edited by a moderator:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I appreciate the advice. Truly
I'll take your word for it..

It's not uncommon a question, but @PidderPeets advice is the best. As you know from experience there's a lot of species (MOST) that enter the hobby and no one knows a thing about them. I guarantee most Ts are not kept as they would be found in the wild.

But generally, not always, Ts from the same genus can be kept pretty similarly, often times identically.

I didn't mean any harm, I suppose I got defensive, due to previous issues. I REALLY appreciate your help. I mean that.
None taken on my end, I don't read into much on forums, sadly too many people do. Ask anytime.

JenSkin

Arachnopeon
I'll take your word for it..

It's not uncommon a question, but @PidderPeets advice is the best. As you know from experience there's a lot of species (MOST) that enter the hobby and no one knows a thing about them. I guarantee most Ts are not kept as they would be found in the wild.

But generally, not always, Ts from the same genus can be kept pretty similarly, often times identically.
Thank you, I assumed as much, I care a lot about my Ts, I just wanna make sure.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thank you, I assumed as much, I care a lot about my Ts, I just wanna make sure.
Quite welcome, don't be such a stranger, there's a lot info here, and good people blunt (myself) and others softer.

I hear ya on being sure. I've raised a lot of species, and being sure is better than being wrong.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +

That's why I often go out of my way to defend some of the posts on here. New members aren't always familiar with the writing style of some of the more seasoned members, and if they're coming here already feeling nervous or worried for their pet, they take anything said as a personal attack. I know I felt that way about a few members here when I was new. But I stayed objective and looked at how they interacted with others as well, and I came to realize there was nothing ill meant by their words. So I try to convince other new members to do the same, for their sake and the sake of their tarantulas.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Fairly sure all Pamphos have the same setup/care requirements (not 100% on that as P. antinous and P. sp. "Solaris" are the only ones I'm interested in).

Well ventilated enclosure with a good amount of damp sub, a hide, and a water dish.

I keep my antinous female in a similar setup to this

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Fairly sure all Pamphos have the same setup/care requirements (not 100% on that as P. antinous and P. sp. "Solaris" are the only ones I'm interested in).

Well ventilated enclosure with a good amount of damp sub, a hide, and a water dish.

Solaris, such cheap taste over there :troll:

JenSkin

Arachnopeon

Thank you for the info! I truly appreciate it. I Wanna be the best hobbyist I can and I've had some non-cunstructive comments for sure.