Species Pamphobeteus verdolaga

Addam

Arachnopeon
Most "pet rock"ish of my T's. I'm assuming it's a she but I haven't really checked, and she hasnt molted in my care yet.
20200612_164221.jpg 20200612_193426.jpg

Garnet3942

Arachnosquire
Assuming it's a she because you called it a she I think she might be in premolt maybe has she been eating or drinking lately? She almost looks sick I can't really tell but those almost look like mites and if they are I have a solution for that you can make the enclosure dry and if that does not work I will send you a link to a cite that I find very helpful when it comes to tarantula sickness

It might be premolt but just in case the cite is called giant spiders. Com common Ailments (it would not send the link)

I think be wrong about the sickness thing and if so I'm sorry. And if I'm wrong about the mites then she's definetly in premolt.

Last edited by a moderator:

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I don't see any mites. I think it's just bits of substrate. I have a suspicion that yours is probably a female, hopefully you'll find out soon. Regardless, it's an impressive T.

Addam

Arachnopeon
I did notice the dirt on her back looks a little suspicious, but I didn't see anything moving, doesnt look like any mites I've seen. You thinking Tom's big spiders? Great resource site.
When she was given to me several months ago she was quite slow moving and in a drier enclosure. I set up her tub now she either chills under her hide, or inside her water bowl.
Her exoskeleton looks a bit worn in too, so I'm expecting a molt soon.
Anyone else have any verdolaga? I don't think I've ever seen another one

c.h.esteban

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Some people say that these is verdolaga too. But I'm not fully convinced.
I hope you got the real deal.

younger ♀
01.jpg

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Assuming it's a she because you called it a she I think she might be in premolt maybe has she been eating or drinking lately? She almost looks sick I can't really tell but those almost look like mites and if they are I have a solution for that you can make the enclosure dry and if that does not work I will send you a link to a cite that I find very helpful when it comes to tarantula sickness
Not trying to be rude, but I do not see any mites and the it looks completely normal to me. I have no idea where you got the idea of mites or this tarantula being sick, but it looks completely normal to me.

Addam

Arachnopeon
To his credit I saw the dandruff looking stuff when I took the pics and looked at it closer in person to make sure it wasn't mites.
And yeah, it's super confusing. The Shutterstock photo of a pamphobeteus verdolaga is an exact match for my spider, tho.

Garnet3942

Arachnosquire
Not trying to be rude, but I do not see any mites and the it looks completely normal to me. I have no idea where you got the idea of mites or this tarantula being sick, but it looks completely normal to me.
It looks like there are white dots on the tarantula but I'm not sure could just be the lighting or quality of the picture.

Garnet3942

Arachnosquire
It looks like there are white dots on the tarantula but I'm not sure could just be the lighting or quality of the picture.
To his credit I saw the dandruff looking stuff when I took the pics and looked at it closer in person to make sure it wasn't mites.
And yeah, it's super confusing. The Shutterstock photo of a pamphobeteus verdolaga is an exact match for my spider, tho.
Yeah the dandruff looking stuff confused me lol.

Addam

Arachnopeon
Update, she is definitely a She, lol. She looks So pretty after molting! Molted twice since I posted this. Unfortunately she's gonna be a Lonely girl cuz I still have yet to find anyone else that even has one =(
I searched this site for Verdolaga and only results were someone else looking for one, and This thread. 😥
Here's a recent pic of her lookin like the Statue of Liberty. I love her tarnished-copper-green tint 🗽
20210817_170455.jpg

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
Wicked spider, wish you could find a mate for her.