Pamphobeteus tetracanthus?

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Does anyone have the "complete introduction to TARANTULAS" (I'm sure some of you do). On page 14 there is a pic of this species and I've never seen anything like it. If it goes by a different name now, what is it?

Same goes for the Baboon spider on page 33.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I don't have the book, but according to Platnick, P. tetracanthus was moved to Vitalius dubius.

Any time you're wondering about the current name of a T you should check this site out. It's not necessarily 100% up to date as it takes time for him to update the site for recent changes, but it's the most comprehensive, most accurate listing of recognised theraphosid species.

pronty

Haunting Spider
Old Timer
I have "A complete guide to TARANTULAS". I think it's the same book. In my book the pic and the spider are suspiciously greenish.. Maybe distorted...

I don't know anything about that Harpactirella sp. on page 33...

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Keep in mind, the book was published in 1987 ... so thats 16 years ago (at least my version does). Some things sure have changed since then :). The psalmopoeus cambridgei on page 5 is called a "Tepemechenius plumipes"...

Dennis

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by pronty
I have "A complete guide to TARANTULAS". I think it's the same book. In my book the pic and the spider are suspiciously greenish.. Maybe distorted...

I don't know anything about that Harpactirella sp. on page 33...

Yeah, that spider looks like it glows in the dark. I'm sure it was manipulated somhow but I wonder if they even had photoshop back then:p .