Pamphobeteus sp. tigris info

Cycle of Chaos

Arachnopeon
So I just got a P tigris as a freebee along with a female H pulchripes (SO HAPPY!) but this will be my first Pampho species. Ive looked into them before (care, temp, humidity, ect...) but there is not much info on the sp. tigris.

To those that have this species is it similar to other pamphos in color (purple after molt, then fade to brown) and what max size do they get? Ive heard they get about 7". Also what sets this different to other Pamphobetues sp? Either way i'm happy to finally own a pampho!

If theres any other unique information please feel free to let me know.

Thanks

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Like any other Ecuadorian Pampho, keep them on moist sub, hide and water dish. Warmer temps. will speed up their growth rate, I keep my slings anywhere from 75-80 in a make shift incubator and they tend to grow at a decent rate. They're a 'browner' version of other species (for example sp. 'manabi' is black and sp. 'tigris' is more of a dark brown), but other than that, not much difference from other Pamphos (other than their locale). Max size would be anywhere from 7-9" (9" possibly pushing it). Females will have the purple 'horn' pattern until they reach maturity and then they'll become all brown while males will be quite purple/pink when they mature.

Cycle of Chaos

Arachnopeon
Like any other Ecuadorian Pampho, keep them on moist sub, hide and water dish. Warmer temps. will speed up their growth rate, I keep my slings anywhere from 75-80 in a make shift incubator and they tend to grow at a decent rate. They're a 'browner' version of other species (for example sp. 'manabi' is black and sp. 'tigris' is more of a dark brown), but other than that, not much difference from other Pamphos (other than their locale). Max size would be anywhere from 7-9" (9" possibly pushing it). Females will have the purple 'horn' pattern until they reach maturity and then they'll become all brown while males will be quite purple/pink when they mature.
Great! Thank you for the info, answered all my questions! Kinda stinks the female will turn all brown. Do all pampho females turn brown or black after maturity? This is probably the only species i'd be okay with a male.

Most of my 50 something Ts are smaller species so I'm happy to get a larger terrestrial to go along with my Lasiodora and stirmi. I would live to get a ultramarinus someday.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Great! Thank you for the info, answered all my questions! Kinda stinks the female will turn all brown. Do all pampho females turn brown or black after maturity? This is probably the only species i'd be okay with a male.

Most of my 50 something Ts are smaller species so I'm happy to get a larger terrestrial to go along with my Lasiodora and stirmi. I would live to get a ultramarinus someday.
Not all do, some species like ultramarinus, sp. 'costa', etc. retain coloration (some more than others).