Pamphobeteus sp. "Platyomma" - Mating

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
IMG_4395.JPG IMG_4396.JPG IMG_4397.JPG IMG_4398.JPG IMG_4399.JPG A friend of mine has been having problems of pairing the Pamphobeteus sp. "Platyomma" for a number of months unfortunately I feel it might be a little to late but always hopeful to try to pair them now.

Last Night's Mating:

First problem of what I felt and that needed attention, I needed to fatten her up with some rat pups. She was a bit skinny when I received her less than a week ago. Second problem which sometimes I feel that can cause and be a problem with mating is to much space. I tried first putting the male into her enclosure, she was not really receptive but was not in the mood of killing the male. Eventually after 10 minutes or so the male wanted out of her enclosure. Well from my experience with pairing tarantulas I felt that the best thing to do is place the female in a smaller enclosure which what I did was placed her in the males enclosure.
Next I place the male back in his enclosure and placed the lid on top. This assured me that he had no choice but to challenge himself and proceed with the mating with the female.
My thought was correct this needed to happen, now my friend can do the rest on his own. The female had her quicky and walked away quietly and satisfied with the beautiful exciting moment she had with the male, as for the male he finally let out some steam. The attempt of mating in the females enclosure occur about an hour ago, about 20 minutes after that fail the mating occurred in the males enclosure.

The first two photo are of the actual male and female. The other photos are of the attempted pairing and the successful paring.

Last edited: