Pamphobeteus sp Ecuador

rogersspider05

Arachnopeon
hi all i bought this Pamphobeteus sp Ecuador on sunday at the BTS after my friend talked me into it, they are a lovely spider anyway the question is that my friend advised me to keep her on moist substrate but at the min its doing laps round the tank what would you suggest?

thanks Roger

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i have kept pamphobeteus in the past but gave it up because i had such a bad reaction to their urticating hairs :wall:

i kept them on basically dry substrate, but overflowed the waterdish every week, so that about half of the substrate got moist. when it had dried, i overflowed the dish again.

it's important that they always have water, but they don't like constantly wet feet.

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I pixcked up 7 Pampho 'South equador', the hairs are intense!
Beautiful speices, i keep them similar to my Theraphosas
aim for dry substrate, humid air and warm. Always have a water dish available
My AF gets stressed out quite quick, shes probably WC though, but just becareful of not stressing them too much

AfterTheAsylum

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Is that the type being sold as Ecuador sp. II? I have a male that just matured and I need to find people with females.

rogersspider05

Arachnopeon
thank you for all the replies i will aim for keeping it on a little dry side and see how he/she goes

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wouldnt know, I bought them as south equador, could be equador II, but i dont know., slings have the typical pampho christmas tree pattern, but with a blueish colour to the legs, juvis are a dusty terracota colour, with an irridescent pattern around the ocular tubercule. Adult females are a dusty grey/brown colour, and pretty big, i would guess 8inch or so
All eat like horses,lol