Pamphobeteus sp Costa care ? Any advice or information?

Yama777

Arachnosquire
Hello,
I recently discovered the beautiful species Pamphobeteus sp Costa, but I can't find much information about its maintenance on Google or Youtube...
Do you have any advice or information on how to keep this species?
This will be my first terrestrial tarantula but I already have experience in arthropods with mantises or araenomorph spiders.
I also have a juvenile Psalmopoeus irminia which is doing well!
Thanks in advance for your help :)

Hi there.
I have raised one of those from large sling.
They in my opinion are quite easy to care for.
Basic terrestrial setup.Enough substrate to prevent falls,good size hide and waterdish.
When it was younger(1.5 inch) I used to keep it on 3/4 moist substrate and as it got older(5 inch) I scaled down the moisture to about 1/3 of the enclosure and good size waterdish at all times.You can let the top of the substrate to dry out,its the bottom layers moisture that matters.
She has been very eager eater(eating every tipe of pray offered)and refusing food only in heavy premoult.She went from 1.5 inch to 6 inch in 3 moults(in about an year) so expect good growth and be ready with new enclosure sizes as required. Due to the appetite you can house in roomier enclosures if you wish.
Regards Konstantin

Yama777

Arachnosquire
Thank you very much for these tips!
It doesn't seem too difficult to maintain then
I'll give it a try ;)

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Hello,
I recently discovered the beautiful species Pamphobeteus sp Costa, but I can't find much information about its maintenance on Google or Youtube...
Do you have any advice or information on how to keep this species?
This will be my first terrestrial tarantula but I already have experience in arthropods with mantises or araenomorph spiders.
I also have a juvenile Psalmopoeus irminia which is doing well!
Thanks in advance for your help :)
Don’t let them startle you when adding water to the enclosure or at feeding time. This species has an insane feeding response. They will tackle prey and even water while pouring into the dish.

Yama777

Arachnosquire
Thank you for your answers!
I just ordered a juvenile (1.5" body length), I hope everything will go well ;)