Pamphobeteus platyomma - which male ?

Or4x1d

Arachnopeon
Hi,

my friend and I have a little dilemma with Pamphobeteus platyomma.
We have an adult female and three males for her.

If somebody was mating P. platyomma meybe can help us :)

The first male was bought in Germany as P. sp platyomma.
However, after the appearance of people who we asked for advice, said that it may be P. Machala / Sued Equador / South Equador.
Photo:

The second male was bought as L4, and as there was a big, someone said that it is a bright form of P. platyomma. And we can't lead to the mating with our female P. platyomma.

Here his pictures as he was small:
L4

L6

L8

Latest skins:

And adult:

The third male bought specifically as P. platyomma dark form.
Photo:

Here's female P. platyomma - apparently a dark form.

Dilemma - which male is suitable for the female?

Can someone help us with this ?

I know that looks quite sure that should be the latest one - P. platyomma dark form... but all of them looks diferent.

Last edited:

Vespula

Arachnodemon
Beautiful tarantulas! Personally, I love the second one. He's just gorgeous!

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its like a dating game on tv or something LOL . I would have to agree with the male number 2 . Super sexy :p

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Very tricky, this Pamphobeteus thing. It's all "sp. this" and "sp. that" but many of them tend to look the same and I'm not sure the collectors OR the distributors are always (ever?) 100% sure what they have. I'd say to avoid any potential hybridization you should pair her with the male that you are the most certain is the same species as the female. Is it known for certain that these dark/light forms are indeed the same species or is it merely a common assumption?

On the flip side, it isn't uncommon to see multiple males paired with a single female. It certainly increases the chances of a successful fertilization.

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hello I also collect Pampo Sp. and I have several ts of each sp. you should mate your female to the third one since its a dark form. the second pic is the regular p platyomma and since you don't have a ligth color form female I suggest you stick with the third male. Good luck on your breeding :)

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
to me:

1st is NOT plattyoma

2nd IS plattyoma

3rd i'm not sure but i would say its NOT

moose

Or4x1d

Arachnopeon
You're not the only person who think that...

Meybe someone can tel what kind of Pamphobeteus can be males #1 and #3 ?

And some more about color forms of P. platyomma...