Pamphobeteus platyomma - color variations?

rasulsimakshah

Arachnosquire
so it was brought to my attention that there are 'light' and 'dark' color variations of this gorgeous T...i've got two, from the same sac, so i can't compare mine. and after spending some time searching, i didn't find a whole lot at all about the differences. anyone care to enlighten me?

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How big are your specimens? There exists sexual dimorphism, but I'm trying to remember if that's only when males mature... I don't fully recall, this genus was never a strong point for me.

I have, however, heard of G. rosea sacs having both RCF and NCF in them. Were both parents the same "form"?

rasulsimakshah

Arachnosquire
my two platyommas are 4" each, black with purple highlights on their carapaces. i've heard the sexual dimorphism occurs only when the male matures or slightly before.
however, i have seen some talk on message boards of legit light and dark color versions, esp with females.

Arachtion

Arachnobaron
Could be regional colour variations, P.antinous for example are solidly black and velvety when they are Bolivian variant whereas those collected from Peru have red abdomens

Nada

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pamphobeteus sp Platyomma has two Variations too my knowledge, that don't have anything to do with sexual Dimorphism.
a light tan version, which you can see in the Pamphobeteus genus gallery and a Brown version which is what I have.

BaddestRuffest

Arachnosquire
I would be very interested also if there is any truth in this .LP are beautiful t's so the possibility of different colour morphs is exciting indeed.