Pamphobeteus nigricolor enclosure?

Irithyllian

Arachnosquire
A question is with my Giant blue bloom sling, it just molted and I was thinking it might want more substrate, it’s current place has slightly exposed the grid below the substrate, with it being freshly molted once it hardens I’ll make adjustments, there’s just not much about this species on google, strangely my sling never had that pattern on the abdomen like it does on the wiki page.

I guess my question is, is the current enclosure I have sufficient? I think this spider is terrestrial but I don’t know, does the abdomen pattern only appear on small spiderlings?

Attachments

Last edited:

Comatose

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Only the Ecuadorian “cf nigricolor” has the Xmas tree pattern; it was misidentified as nigricolor in the early aughts and for whatever reason the name stuck. It bears no relation aside from (maybe) genus to the real nigricolor.

Yours looks like a Colombian nigricolor variant; type locality, affinis I or II. All 3 are very cool spiders. You can go a little dryer but your enclosure looks good imo. Keep that water dish full.

Irithyllian

Arachnosquire
Only the Ecuadorian “cf nigricolor” has the Xmas tree pattern; it was misidentified as nigricolor in the early aughts and for whatever reason the name stuck. It bears no relation aside from (maybe) genus to the real nigricolor.

Yours looks like a Colombian nigricolor variant; type locality, affinis I or II. All 3 are very cool spiders. You can go a little dryer but your enclosure looks good imo. Keep that water dish full.
Ah good to know, I just wanted to make sure it was the species, as it’s label when I bought only had Giant blue bloom and no scientific name unlike the rest of the T’s I’ve bought there. And good deal I heard they like it humid so I tried to make a drainage layer below the substrate, should I get more substrate too?