Pamphobeteus cf 'petersi' or Megaphobema velvetosoma male?

RedVelvet

Arachnopeon
Arachnosupporter
I recently got what was supposed to be a Pamphobeteus cf. 'petersi', and was sold as a "Black Fire Birdeater", but I've had a couple people on Facebook and Instagram comment that it is Megaphobema velvetosoma. Now, I know it's a male, as seen in this photo. IMG_20191207_193351802.jpg
I know that pinch grabbing isn't the best, and handling shouldn't be done, but getting a good side ventral shot is impossible for me, and using a clear container is out of the question, as I don't have any large enough to fit him.

Here is a full photo that I got yesterday after rehousing him into a temporary container. IMG_20191207_152531352.jpg
Now, I know for a fact that visual identification is horseshit. But I've seen some images floating around google when I looked up Pamphobeteus cf. 'petersi' and they resemble him. He does have leg spikes, as my other two female Megaphobema velvetosoma had. I no longer have them, but this is probably one of the better pictures I took of one of the more recent ones I had before I sold her to a friend. 20190219_230120.jpg
They look almost exactly alike, and act just the same as well. She was spastic and would flinch whenever you touched the enclosure, and so does he. This next picture is of the first one I got as well, just for more ID reference towards M. velvetosoma. This one female, just like the last. 20181227_134929.jpg

Attachments

c.h.esteban

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the area of the "caput" is very raised in your specimen. thats typical for M. velvetosoma and different to the Pamphobeteus spp. which was sold as "petersi".

M. velvetosoma juv. ♂

P. sp. "PETERSI" ♂ adult

RedVelvet

Arachnopeon
Arachnosupporter
the area of the "caput" is very raised in your specimen. thats typical for M. velvetosoma and different to the Pamphobeteus spp. which was sold as "petersi".
That confirms my suspicions then. Thank you