Pampho freaks, speak up please

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi,
What's your favourite Pamphobeteus and why???

Thanks,
Steve

Cronoss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Steve Nunn
Hi,
What's your favourite Pamphobeteus and why???

Thanks,
Steve
I'd have to say that P.antinous is fav. so far.
but that may change when my P.vespertinus grows up
Bryan

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pamphos

Pampho ultramarinus gets my vote. Here's a pix of one of my subadult gals. She has yet to get full adult coloration, when she does she'll have blue femurs!! She soo big now I hope that she'll shed out mature soon. P. ultramarinus is said to have more babies than typical of pampos.

N-Joy
Art

Last edited:

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: Pamphos

Hi Art and Bryan,
Yep, both P.antinous and P.ultrmarinus are indeed spectacular. P. ultramarinus would have to be one of the most colorful T's in the hobby, but it is sure hard to look past antinous, man those things are formidable! Like Bryan said, vespertinus are also one of the most spectacular spiders around.

Have you seen pics of Martin Nicholus' trip to locate the "Chicken Spider" (Pamphobeteus sp.)? I was amazed to see juveniles the size they were still in the burrow with the mother.

Although I'll never be able to keep any members from this genus(thanks to the wonderful importation laws in Oz), they are for my mind one of the most underrated genera in the hobby. Actually, I laugh when I see such high prices for Xenesthis spp. when Pamphos are SO close morphologically and can be had for under a third the price, people don't know what they're missing out on! I guess it's all to do with wanting rarity, can't understand it at all.

Thanks for the input guys.
Steve

dilleo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
fortis. ferocious and beautiful, fast too. fortis gets my vote of favorite, and if anyone has adults to sell......i'm waiting to add more to my collection as always.

-Jeremy