Pairing

CHLee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Scolopendra dehaani "black flame leg" DSC_0412.jpg DSC_0416.jpg DSC_0417.jpg DSC_0418.jpg DSC_0421.jpg Scolopendra gigantea "black form" DSC_0436.jpg DSC_0442.jpg DSC_0447.jpg DSC_0450.jpg

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Dang those are some awesome looking pedes...Congrats and good luck! They look almost like a galapagoensis

NMWAPBT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This may sound like a rather dumb question but how do you sex and breed centipedes. I'm fairly new to them saw this and got curious.

Scoly

Arachnobaron
This may sound like a rather dumb question but how do you sex and breed centipedes. I'm fairly new to them saw this and got curious.
To sex centipedes you need to knock them out either using CO2, drowning or ice water (there's debates on which is safest) and pop the end to inspect their genitals, which is not always obvious: https://hochzeitsfotograf-reneschlaefer.de/Latrodecta_Scolopendomorpha_englisch_30_11_09-2.pdf

To breed them you simply introduce them with tongs and cardboard sheet at hand ready to separate, and make sure they is somewhere for them to anchor the web. Some species are seasonal so this needs to be taken into consideration.

NMWAPBT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
To sex centipedes you need to knock them out either using CO2, drowning or ice water (there's debates on which is safest) and pop the end to inspect their genitals, which is not always obvious: https://hochzeitsfotograf-reneschlaefer.de/Latrodecta_Scolopendomorpha_englisch_30_11_09-2.pdf

To breed them you simply introduce them with tongs and cardboard sheet at hand ready to separate, and make sure they is somewhere for them to anchor the web. Some species are seasonal so this needs to be taken into consideration.
Thanks for the info! I'd heard about the drowning method but didn't know if it was common practice or not.