Pairing

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Wanted to get some of your inputs on tips and tricks of pairing aside from the obvious. I know they should be drumming at each other before you attempt to pair, introduce the male from the opposite side of the enclosure as the female, be on ninja guard to save your males life, pair after the female molts preferably and feed both nice big meals before the pairing.

I've heard the term shark tanking, it seems like it would be a bennificial concept, or does it just annoy the T's? Is there a way to increase probability of drumming? Or is the best you can do just put the enclosures next to each other and hope?

Thank you for any advice you may feel like offering up!

magicmed

Arachnobaron
I wasn't going to ask for individual breeding guides or anything, just an overall tip thread, but the species I have pairs of are

B. Boehmei
A. Minatrix
P. Irminia
A. Peru purple
N. Incei
C. Cyaneopubescens

Like I said, just basic general tips :)

Last edited:

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I wasn't going to ask for individual breeding guides or anythung, just an overall tip thread, but the species I have pairs of are

B. Boehmei
A. Minatrix
P. Irminia
A. Peru purple
N. Incei
C. Cyaneopubescens

Like I said, just basic general tips :)
Do you even search function Bro? Lol.. ;-)

There are pages and pages about general breeding question on the forum and specifics on all of those species can be found in the breeding reports..

I don't see why you can't discuss this further I'm sure some people will be happy to re hash it but not this guy! Lol!

I don't have experience with anything on your list but the irminia and they are simple so... I'm out!

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Do you even search function Bro? Lol..

There are pages and pages about general breeding question on the forum and specifics on all of those species can be found in the breeding reports..

I don't see why you can't discuss this further I'm sure some people will be happy to re hash it but not this guy! Lol!

I don't have experience with anything on your list but the irminia and they are simple so... I'm out!
thanks for the info, I was really hoping a few select people may chime in but I didn't want to bother them with tagging them, thought they may see and feel like discussing. It didn't occur to me that I could just look for their posts through the threads that exist about it.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
thanks for the info, I was really hoping a few select people may chime in but I didn't want to bother them with tagging them, thought they may see and feel like discussing. It didn't occur to me that I could just look for their posts through the threads that exist about it.
Eh.. You never know if they have the time or something they may stop by..

Nothing wrong with asking it's just that there is so much good info on the boards about breeding in general. I feel you get the best info when you ask specific questions after doing a little digging on your own..

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I'm still a very novice breeder, but the biggest thing that helped me was placing the male directly on the female's webbing. The thicker the web, the better. This is where not rehousing constantly helps a lot. With my E. truculentus and B. emilia, neither species is a huge webber. However, they had both been in the same enclosure for over a year. Over that period of time, webbing builds up no matter what - in their cases, they both had molted within that time and their old molting mat was the male's landing pad for me. Don't put the male on just bare substrate. If your female is in a fresh enclosure, feed her a couple times before mating. That will force her to lay a web mat.

I also got a great tip from @Blue Jaye - pluck out some webbing from the female and put it in the male's enclosure. It'll drive him mad.