Pairing Hadogenes paucidens

Gekkotan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello everybody. Last weekend I tried pairing my flat rocks in two ways, first introducing the male in the females terrarium and the oposite in the next day. In both situations the female seeked the male but he always avoided her. Should I try a neutral place and put them both in there?
Thanks

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
This maybbe a stupid question, but they are fully mature, right? It could be the male isn't quite ready. I think you are doing it right, but I think something is going on with the male. Someone else will pipe in, I'm sure ;) never bred, so can't really give solid advice.

Pipa

Arachnoknight
Beautiful elaborate setting you have there.. Flat Rocks are one of my favs old classics. I wish I had the room for this kindof set up. All mine are on slate with cork bark on top , lol !!! perhaps its the wrong time of season? Maybe they need a slight dry and cooling period to go a slight bit dormant? This particular species is abit more tricky and touchy compared to other Hadogenes species. I've even heard paucidens like it a tad bit more humid.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yes, descent practical setups you have there. Does the female pinch at the male? Could she be gravid already?

Gekkotan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks all you for the kind words. I received these in May in Brazil. At this time both were very thin and here was very dry and somewhat cold. Since then, i tryied to get benefited from this weather simulating their natural cycle, fed them eventualy and the female got fat but the male very little. He is a reluctant feeder atacking the roaches or crickets, eating only a small part of them and staying slim. Now i am raising the temps and humidity.

In the first attempts, female seems more interested when he got close to the crevice entrance, the male more inclined to run away. Today i took them both out and place them in a neutral bare bottom plastic box. She seemed interested at first, then he, but not both at the same time. I shall keep trying this way further...

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If she was wild caught when mature, there’s a good chance she’s mated already. Mature males normally don’t eat much.