Paired the L. parahybana...

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So.. As the title says.. I paired my female LP with Warren's MM... Boy was it a show to watch...

The male was working his little rear off to lift the female.. He couldnt do it..
They were together for a little more than an hour.. I did not see any insertions.. The male got his palps to the furrow (?) but I am not sure if he got the deed done.. As the end of it he walked away from her slowly.. Then he stopped in front of her his read facing her.. He started clening his palps which makes me think he did get an insertion.. But again I didnt see it..

While he was cleaning himself... My girl raised up and start towards him.. She had that "I am going to have...Errr...I mean invite you to stay for dinner..." look in her eyes.. {D

She was a few inches from getting him.. I had to put the cup in front of her so she wouldnt get him.. Phew! It was a close call.. I never had a female go after the male before..

To though who have done alot more pairings.. Is that a good sign? The female going after the male.. Does that mean he did his job & she knew it or was she just iritated with him?

Anyways.. Enough yappin... Here are a few pictures.. I am still working on the video.. It was a long video & I have been up all night.. So it will be a bit before its even ready....

Picture time...

I had alot more.. But these are the only four that turned out to be decent enough to use...

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Haha no wonder he was taking it slow, look at those fangs just abovehis head in the last photo!!
Beautiful female you have there! She's huge! whats the dls?

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Good job Tommy. What on earth are you going to do with a giant sac of 1000-2000 slings!?!? That female would of destroyed the male. Great save. :clap:

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Haha no wonder he was taking it slow, look at those fangs just abovehis head in the last photo!!
Beautiful female you have there! She's huge! whats the dls?
Thanks! :) I think I would be a tad worried to with them fangs above me.. {D She is 7.5" DLS.. Chunky little girl.. Huh? :D
Good job Tommy. What on earth are you going to do with a giant sac of 1000-2000 slings!?!? That female would of destroyed the male. Great save. :clap:
Thanks! Being that the male is a loan from Warren.. I will only have half a sac to deal with.. Then my half.. I dont know what I will be doing with mine.. :? Probably give alot of them away.. I dont know for sure yet.. :D

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Tommy, Good luck. The fang shot was one of the best I've seen! :clap:
Sure hope she gives you a sac.

Terry

possumburg

Arachnosquire
That last photo makes me very glad I'm not a tarantula {D Great pics though and good luck!

aluras

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
great pictures, i love the Fang pic. you get any incertion???????

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Awesome and exciting, but scary fang photo. Eek, I get my first LP tomorrow !! :?

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
LOVE that lost shot, Tommy! Good job! :D

I hope he got some inserts for ya... though I'm going to giggle when you're dealing with the plethora of slings you'll get :p

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Glad my boy survived his first encounter! :D

For signs of succesful insertions, if you look at the females epigastric after mating, you can see that it "opened up".

A little too late for that now, I guess. :p

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tommy, Good luck. The fang shot was one of the best I've seen! :clap:
Sure hope she gives you a sac.

Terry
Thanks Terry.. I will be sure to set you up with 50 or so slings.. LoL
That last photo makes me very glad I'm not a tarantula {D Great pics though and good luck!
Thanks.. :)
Great pictures, Tommy! Wow, she is huge. That last picture is fantastic! I hope she lays a sac for you.
Thanks Toni.. :) She is a big body... :D I am going to have to put something in her enclosure for size compairson..
great pictures, i love the Fang pic. you get any incertion???????
Thanks.. Im not sure if there were and insertions...
Awesome and exciting, but scary fang photo. Eek, I get my first LP tomorrow !! :?
Thanks.. You ar going to love your LP.. My female has never been a big eater.. But my male.. He will eat anything that goes in his container... :D
LOVE that lost shot, Tommy! Good job! :D

I hope he got some inserts for ya... though I'm going to giggle when you're dealing with the plethora of slings you'll get :p
LoL... Half of that plethora is going to Warren.. {D Might give him a bit more.. So I dont have to deal with them.. :D
Glad my boy survived his first encounter! :D

For signs of succesful insertions, if you look at the females epigastric after mating, you can see that it "opened up".

A little too late for that now, I guess. :p
Well.. I was just wondering if her trying to nab him was a good sign.. Im not going to go picking her up just to see if he got an insert.. I think he did.. Since he was cleaning his palp... But.. I guess we will be waiting to see.. I will pair them again later.. :}

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice pics!!! Love the last one.

IME everytime there is a clean insertion the female tends to go away from the male and re-group, however every encounter after that is dangerous for the male. If she received his sperm, he then goes on the menu{D

GL with the attempt, keep us posted. BTW nice save of the male!!!

PIG-

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice pics!!! Love the last one.

IME everytime there is a clean insertion the female tends to go away from the male and re-group, however every encounter after that is dangerous for the male. If she received his sperm, he then goes on the menu{D

GL with the attempt, keep us posted. BTW nice save of the male!!!

PIG-
Thanks PIG! :) There were several moments where the male would back away from the female.. Almost like he was taking a break... The female didnt move from that spot on the long.. Not once.. Maybe a little motion fowards or backwards.. But no more than one step..

The male.. He was fun to watch this time... He would set there & try moving this leg or that leg.. Just so she didnt have a grip with the front legs so he could lift her up... Well.. Once he got her legs moved where he wanted them.. He couldnt lift her... {D His little legs would buckle trying.. {D

Thanks again.. I will be trying to pair them together again here in a few days.. :) She started eating again so I got to get her full again.. :rolleyes:

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That fang shot is nothing short of EPIC. I'm thinking of adding it to my desktop images! Way cool man. Hope you get some itty babies out of it. I have 12 baby lps...2 just molted into 3rd instar. The others are about to molt into 3rd. Good luck and great pics. Can't wait for a good video!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That fang shot is nothing short of EPIC. I'm thinking of adding it to my desktop images! Way cool man. Hope you get some itty babies out of it. I have 12 baby lps...2 just molted into 3rd instar. The others are about to molt into 3rd. Good luck and great pics. Can't wait for a good video!
Thanks.. The video is going slow.. I have not had alot of time to edit it.. Been super busy today... I will get on it tonight if I dont fall asleep early..

I also beat you to the photo as a desktop.. ;P

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Holy cow! I love these guys!

Watching them mate has been the most exciting pairing I have ever done..
Sadly this time.. There is not photos or video.. (Still working on the other video.. It sucks!)

So I took the hide out of the females enclosure.. She seems to want to stay on it at all times..
I figured without it.. The male stands a better chance of lifting her up..

I got the male in with the female.. She is on one side he is on the other..
He starts to viberate.. Good deal.. She does nothing.. Bad sign.. Didnt seem to be interested..

So.. The male wonders over a bit closer.. She lifts up like its dinner time.. Im like oh crap!... Then she starts to viberate.. Phew! So my blood pressure comes down a bit..

For a little bit its a he vibe, she vibe kind of deal.. Just for a little bit..

Then suddenly.. The male.. Out of no where just charges the female.. She has her fangs out he hooks them & he tries to raise her up.. Yeah... His dinky little self.. Raise her chunky butt up? NO! She lays on top of him pretty much..

Finally.. Afer a few minutes of her laying on top of him.. (Me thinking he is going to get munched!) She finally stands straight up in to the air.. He stretches his little palps back... Does the deed.. Yes.. There were a couple inserts this time.. That I actually saw!

As he is doing his thing.. In a split second.. My female take her left #3 leg & starts flicking at him under her.. I thought for sure he was going to get it now..

But nope!

He lifted up a little bit.. Drops my girl straight to the floor & high tails it away from her.. While he is running.. She is chasing him.. {D OMG! My heart jumped straight out of my chest because I couldnt find my little seperating tool.. (I wasnt going to use my hand.. Have you seen her fangs?!?!)

I found it laying beside me.. Stuck it between them... And cupped the male... It was great! My sister started to laugh! She said that was the best breeding she has seen yet..

I always seem to have the camera ready for the times nothing really happens.. Never when something good happens..

Anyways.. I just thought I would share... {D :D