Painting

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
So they're going to be painting the outside of my apartment building. I will have my windows shut for the duration but I worry about the smell coming in through places like the air conditioner or the hardly air tight windows.

I am not sure what kind of paint but hopefully the fumes are not harmful. I have to live here too so I also worry about myself.

Has anyone ever had issues with a similar scenario involving outdoor painting?

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
If t
So they're going to be painting the outside of my apartment building. I will have my windows shut for the duration but I worry about the smell coming in through places like the air conditioner or the hardly air tight windows.

I am not sure what kind of paint but hopefully the fumes are not harmful. I have to live here too so I also worry about myself.

Has anyone ever had issues with a similar scenario involving outdoor painting?
If they are painting the outside, apart from any wood surfaces, the paint they'll be using isn't too bad.
It's only gloss that's used on wooden or metal surfaces that's really pungent, normal exterior paint not too bad.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
If t

If they are painting the outside, apart from any wood surfaces, the paint they'll be using isn't too bad.
It's only gloss that's used on wooden or metal surfaces that's really pungent, normal exterior paint not too bad.
I'm not sure if they're doing the wooden railings too or just the exterior of the house.

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
I'm sure apartment buildings get painted in Brazil every now and then, and it doesn't kill any Brazilian White Knees living in the backyard.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm sure apartment buildings get painted in Brazil every now and then, and it doesn't kill any Brazilian White Knees living in the backyard.
I'm sure they don't painted- have you seen that country in many places? Also, fresh open air is far safer than trapped air in an apt. Not even a close comparison.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Well l guess I'll be airing the place out more than usual. Hopefully the cross vent will counter any residual smell.

I wish I could have moved into my own house years ago but life has not been kind to me so here we are.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Well l guess I'll be airing the place out more than usual. Hopefully the cross vent will counter any residual smell.

I wish I could have moved into my own house years ago but life has not been kind to me so here we are.
It’s more of an issue If the painting is inside and starts to go bad or crack and peel , I had issues a few years ago when painting the basement. The paint was garbage and caused peeling and I had more health issues with my spiders. Not 100% sure it caused it , just suspicious. I could just had bad luck , and I know it wasn’t what stopped my king baboons ability to eat back then .

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince

It shouldn't be a problem.

As mentioned have a good cross flow air movement rather than a closed environment.

I've used gloss in the same room as inverts without issue.

As you know inverts are not rapid breathers, and by the time the book lungs operate the air should be odour free.