Problem Pages loading very slow

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I have noticed that since the servers were down the other day that pages and tabs are taking quite a while to load. It's pretty frustrating. Is anyone else experiencing this? I am using mobile/cell.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I have, yeah. I've only noticed it on the mobile version of the site, however. Some (not all) websites have two linked servers - one for mobile, and one for desktop. The day after the servers went down, the desktop site and the mobile site were running extremely slowly. The desktop version has since been fixed, but the mobile version is still dragging its feet. I suspect that the server running the mobile site is still under repair/upgrade/whatever.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I haven't noticed anything weird. And I exclusively use my phone these days.

Refreshing the page multiple times helps I find.

Leila

Arachnobaron
I have absolutely noticed the same thing. Pages are loading incredibly slowly- both on my laptop and cell phone.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
@MrDeranged Just a blind shot in the dark but going by past (ancient) experience, if that engine is polluting the works, castrate it. I know the search is THE tool that gives forums value, but... you know the song.

Hey peoples. You know MrD knows and is hammering at it. Looks like things are coming together now. Hang in there.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
I have, yeah. I've only noticed it on the mobile version of the site, however. Some (not all) websites have two linked servers - one for mobile, and one for desktop. The day after the servers went down, the desktop site and the mobile site were running extremely slowly. The desktop version has since been fixed, but the mobile version is still dragging its feet. I suspect that the server running the mobile site is still under repair/upgrade/whatever.
Seems faster on my phone. My desktop computer is crawling by its lips. Figured it's related to the recent software issue. No rush on my end. I have 30+ other tabs open to keep me busy while I wait for pages to load :p

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Well, not a big issue to deal with, if I have to be honest.
Think, this way "you" can even enjoy a bit of "waiting pleasure" before reading one of my 'Extreme Wisdom' comments :)

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I have noticed that since the servers were down the other day that pages and tabs are taking quite a while to load. It's pretty frustrating. Is anyone else experiencing this? I am using mobile/cell.
I have been experiencing the same issue on the desktop version (using the Firefox browser). All other Web sites seem fine; I just ran a speed test, and the results were normal.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
First thread I looked at today. At the mention of your browser, which I also use, I tried it in IE just out of curiosity. Pages loaded quickly. Went back to FF and noticed pages were loading pretty quick there as well. I'd say the problem is fixed on my end.

Admin, thanks for fixing it so quick!

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I'm thinking back on my first net connect. Watching the letters appear on the screen one at a time with my trusty 2.2kbps modem. A half hour long pause wasn't unusual. Sending an image? I once spent 2 weeks off and on downloading a 256K, 256,000 bytes, file. When I got my first 14.4 kbps modem I was in heaven.
7 bit kermit servers await internet trolls in their own private hell. Beware.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Going to a members profile and clicking "find all threads" seems broken on my end. Waited 5 min, refreshed multiple times, tried again the next day, etc.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
It depends on the user and how many posts they have. I just tested it on your profile and it came up just fine. You have to remember that it has to search the entire database, so it might take a few for it to show.

Debby

keks

Arachnobaron
I have days were the sites of this board are loading extremely slow, but today it works well. Yesterday it was more than terrible :/.
But other sites are loading very fast at the same time, I have LTE ...

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Lag here is intermittent. (Opera browser running on Linux) I will see a flag at screen bottom "waiting on arachnoboards.com" often. If it's taking a minute to load --- I do something else for a while. Figure my eyes need the break. Sometimes the lag is just a few seconds, and I figure it's teaching me patience. lol

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
It depends on the user and how many posts they have. I just tested it on your profile and it came up just fine. You have to remember that it has to search the entire database, so it might take a few for it to show.

Debby
Just for threads they made? The user I tried to look up I think only had made a few threads. (Slimeus)
Ill try again.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Forum pages are still loading very slowly for me. I am using the latest version of the Firefox browser. My current download speed is 24.5 Mbps, and I am not having this problem on other Web sites.

This thread with a few pictures took 24.4 seconds to load in the background (at the same time as the other two linked threads) and 10.2 seconds on its own.

Page 40 of this thread (picture-heavy) took 23.2 seconds to load in the background (at the same time as the other two linked threads) and 7.2 seconds on its own.

Page 1 of this thread took 15.7 seconds to load in the background (at the same time as the other two linked threads) and 6 seconds on its own.

Even a short thread like this (with no pictures) took 5.7 seconds to load.

keks

Arachnobaron
I use chrome, and I visit many pages with many pictures because I love handcrafting and I am always searching for interesting things to knit or crochet or anything else. But no one of the other sites needs THAT time to load as arachnoboards.
The next is, that I can't use AB on my mobile phone, because when I want to open pages for reading I am on a spam page. And there is no way to go back to arachnoboards!! I must close the tab. Maybe there is a coherence?

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
I use chrome, and I visit many pages with many pictures because I love handcrafting and I am always searching for interesting things to knit or crochet or anything else. But no one of the other sites needs THAT time to load as arachnoboards.
I'm still having intermittent long loading times.

The next is, that I can't use AB on my mobile phone, because when I want to open pages for reading I am on a spam page. And there is no way to go back to arachnoboards!! I must close the tab. Maybe there is a coherence?
Which mobile browser? I access AB all the time on my phone using Chrome (many, many versions out of date lol...V47) with no issues beyond the intermittent loading lag. Is your spam page anything like those shown here?

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/pop-ups.288271/