pacman?

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A little thing on the meal worms: It's fine to feed them if the animal can break the food down and not swallow it nearly whole.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had one of these critters and EVERY TIME I needed to do work in its cage it would let out this god awful shriek just before trying to "permanently" attach itself to my hand... be careful when they get bigger.

Edit: I just remembered I had a HORNED frog, differnt but similar in temperment to pacmans...

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Edit: I just remembered I had a HORNED frog, differnt but similar in temperment to pacmans...
I've always heard they were the same animal, just under multiple common names like everything else is these days. :confused:

Frogsarethapoop

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
if mice are the staple in the frogs diet, then the frog doesn't need to be fed as often as if crickets were the staple. that's where most hobbyists go wrong, feeding mice as frequently as they used to feed crickets.
True but not quite. Feeding a horned frog nothing but high in fat mice and fish for years and years eventually will take its toll on the frog, no matter if you feed it in proper amounts. Just like 5, 6, 7, or 8 or more years of eating nothing but hamburgers would take its toll on you and me.

A horned frog and pacman frog are one and the same. The common name horned frog is the correct one. Pacman frog is a "petstore" common name, basically made up to lure potential customers into a sale. I could think of so many more examples:

Proper Common Name/ Petstore Common Name
horned frog/ pacman frog
running pan frog/ reticulated tree frog
red-legged reed frog/ orchid tree frog
... ...
As you can see, the petstore "pretties" up names to make them more likely to be purchased. But surely, the pacman frog is the best example.