Pacman toad or a Crested gecko???

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hmmm, im currently looking for a new pet what would you guys recomend best and which do you like best!

cheers, Roach Dude

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I like and recommend the Pac man. They don't do much but they're beautiful and big.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Horned Frog all the way.. they are awesome.. if you want something less pretty and more entertaining look into Pyxies.. I have pics of both on here.

Last edited:

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
We have both and I'd have to recommend the crested. Ceratophrys are neat, of course -- but crested are also neat and can be handled.

Cheers,
Dave

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol cheers for all your inputs.... i still cant decied but it seems that everyone is ganging up against the crested gecko!!! how come???

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
;P hmmm....you know what... decsision made.....im gonna get both!!!!!!!!!;P

but the question is..what one do i buy first hahahaha{D

Bedlam

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Get yourself a Crested Gecko!!!

I just got one on Sunday and it's too much fun to have.
They're just like little monkies. Mine is actually named Mono (spanish for monkey).

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the crested geckos do seem cool. and unless you want an attractively patterned lump of fatness you should get the gecko first.. Horned frogs are awesome but certainly not a source of entertainment :D

SkorpNtrants

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'd much rather have a crested gecko, but I must ask have you ever looked into "Cane Toads" the ones that have been introduced to FL?

They get HUGE!

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok think i will get the crested gecko first....just need to get the money!!! ;P
also can you handle them alot?

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
also can you handle them alot?
Certainly not "a lot"--like any reptile, they can become stressed and miserable and sick and dead that way. Also some individuals just don't like it, ever. But it looks like VERY gentle handling a few times a week is okay for most juveniles and adults (don't handle babies). But keep in mind that if they drop their tail it won't grow back!

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
the crested geckos do seem cool. and unless you want an attractively patterned lump of fatness you should get the gecko first.. Horned frogs are awesome but certainly not a source of entertainment :D
That lump of fatness is the best part! {D