Pacman frog not eatin by itself.

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
Hello,

Ive had my pacman frog for a bit less than a year, but since I bought him I'm having problems. One of the problems is that he is not eating by himself! I need to actually open up his mouth and put the roach inside, and nowadays that doesn't work either. He only used to eat alone only at the 3 first feeding sessions. Please help.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Hello,

Ive had my pacman frog for a bit less than a year, but since I bought him I'm having problems. One of the problems is that he is not eating by himself! I need to actually open up his mouth and put the roach inside, and nowadays that doesn't work either. He only used to eat alone only at the 3 first feeding sessions. Please help.
Pics of him?

I'd there anything physically wrong with him that you can see?

Pics of his enclosure and temps.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
force feeding was what I did just like you when I had my pacman frog, which he was still an inch at the time. But with time, my frog came to, and understanding of what and when to eat through my feeding tongs. Now my pacman frog is tong trained on eating, and eats like crazy. Sometimes back then when I force fed him when he was still a froglet, it refused the same way, just as yours. I then just waited a day or two (sometimes more) because pacman frogs get stressed if you keep handling them. But pacman frogs are a patient pet that takes time IME.

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
I'll send pics asap. There's not things that look like wrong with him except his front feet. They look a bit weitd, althought I think it's just pacman frogs that got weird feet and not my guy in particular. He poops once every 2 weeks to 2 months. His enclosure is set for changing (making it smaller!). He has a long open 10 gallon tank, with about 2 inches of substrate, a heat pad, a water bowl and some plastic plants. He gets misted 3-4 times a day.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I'll send pics asap. There's not things that look like wrong with him except his front feet. They look a bit weitd, althought I think it's just pacman frogs that got weird feet and not my guy in particular. He poops once every 2 weeks to 2 months. His enclosure is set for changing (making it smaller!). He has a long open 10 gallon tank, with about 2 inches of substrate, a heat pad, a water bowl and some plastic plants. He gets misted 3-4 times a day.
I don't use heat pad for my pacman frog, it can annoy or stress them (depending on where it is place). I use a space heater for my room to keep it warm, which is good enough. The biggest question is how big is your frog, and feeding schedules on a weekly basis?

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
my frog is about 2.5 inches from butt to head, (male, sexed by size) and is almost 1 year old as i said. Feeding used to be once or twice a week, feeding it dubia roaches, but now i've shrunk it down to once a week and maybe once per 10 days.

Salmonsaladsandwich

Arachnolord
Try starving him for a few days and letting something active (like a cricket) run loose in his enclosure while leaving him alone.