1. Important Announcement - Upcoming Downtime - Software Upgrade

    Please see here for more details.
Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Pacman frog hasnt pooped in a month.

Discussion in 'Not So Spineless Wonders' started by MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf, Sep 5, 2017.

  1. Advertisement
    Heyo guys,
    I've been trying to get my pacman frog to poop for 2 weeks now, but with no success.
    He used to poop once every 1-2 weeks, but now its been a month since he pooped. I Try giving him warm baths every 2 days but that doessnt work. Im worried because ill be away from my house for the next 3 days, and if he poops then, bacteria may infect him.
    He is roughly 2.5" - 3" big
    About 5 months old
    Mostly he'll eat a dubia per 3-4 days.
    Humidity is mostly 50-80% in his enclosure
    Room temperature (23-27' C)
    Water Dish inside his enclosure which he never uses.
     
    • Sad Sad x 1
  2. 14pokies

    14pokies Arachnoprince

    Any way you can keep the temps from dropping down to the low 70's? It's a bit cool.. I keep mine at 82-85F during the day and 78-80F at night. The enclosure is 75% water that is as high as the frogs lower lip when it's resting. The other 25% percent is a small pile of sphagnum moss that I chave clumped to together tightly.. With there enclosure being almost all water I would say my humidity is damn near 90%.

    This is how I have kept pacmans like this off and on for the last 15 or so years and they do really well. I also never give baths. Set up like mine they just don't need it. It keeps stress down on the frog by eliminating handling..

    I can't think of a time when my frogs went a month without a BM.. I would assume it's either low humidity or some type of blockage.. Try housing yours the way I suggest if possible. If it doesn't poop in a week a trip to the vet might be a good idea.
     
  3. spotropaicsav

    spotropaicsav Arachnobaron Active Member

    Sounds terrible for your frog... Ive only owned Whites tree frogs, I hope your Pacman gets better:oops: does he seem dehydrated at all...
     
  4. No mah dudess(female dude). He gets relugar warm baths, but he wont poop.tbh, i gave him crickets twice, but since he dudnt like them i changed back to dubias. If you ever worked with crickets, you probably know they die very quickly, and i did find fly maggots in one of the dead ones, which i usually throw out. I quickly removed the alive ones and bleached the container. is it possible for maggots to get inside live crickets? Also, wheb i touch his belly, i feel something big and brown.probably a whooper. I am scared cayse im currently away from my house, and if ye poops ans i dont clean it quickly, he may get very sick. Also he doesnt have a heating carpet yet. I didnt buy yim one cause i was scared that the plastic tank would melt and release toxic substances but ill be getting him one soon.
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.