Packing slide show

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
In efforts to show a method to pack slings I created a slide show. I am mainly interested in showing a common method that is proven. This is how I pack, and I am interested in seeing how others pack as well.

1- Find the right container for the T that you are packing. The container should only be big enough to be nicly lined with papertowels and fit the T with little wiggle room.

2- Prepair the container, for me this means lightly wetting papertowels and squeezing out the extra water.

3-Pack the container leaving only the open space needed to place the T, and some room at the top of the container so a layer of papertowel can be added for a soft top.

4- This is the fun part. Depending on the T it might be easier said then done. For this slide show my little friend "Mo" the Klaasi sling begged to be a part of the show. After you get the T in the container sometimes you will close the lid and give it some time to settle down into the given space.

5- You will now place a "cork" if you will, doing this makes it so the T is in a cocoon, 360 degrees of nice soft papertowls.

6- After placing the top layer of papertowl close and secure the lid. MAKE SURE THE LID IF CLOSED! There have been a few times where I get shippments and the T is loose in the box!

7- Once you complete those steps to will find a box that is big enough to do the same thing you just did with the container. Line the box with newpapers or styrofoam, whatever your fancy is, leave only room for the T in the container, layer on top, heater if need be, and away they go.

I hope this can be somewhat helpful to new shippers, this method does not change for larger T's Just the container size.

Last edited:

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Nicely Done!
This will help alot of ppl out.
This should be a sticky.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thats exactly what I do. Good job Ryan. You should make this an article for the people that don't know how to do that.

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
very interesting... I was just wondering how long a T can stay in one of those vials? a couple of days? I know some Ts are shipped long distances so I was just curious.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
very interesting... I was just wondering how long a T can stay in one of those vials? a couple of days? I know some Ts are shipped long distances so I was just curious.
My record to this day was a box that got lost by UPS (back in the day when I used UPS)

That box was lost for almost 3 weeks. I think it was 19 days. UPS tried to delever 3 times, the reciever did not pick it up from the post office for an aditional 3 days. It was summer to, I was worried there were going to be some crispy Ts in that box, it was going to AZ,

Every one of them was alive. Including a sub adult Smithi.
So they dont need a whole lot of oxygen that much I know. As for the limit I dont have a clue, but Im not going to try and find out.

SnakeManJohn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ooh ooh sticky this now! This is an awesome tutorial, thanks for this. I would have done everything all wrong if I sent out a T :S

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
:? Hey I have no clue how to make stickies or articles..... Little guidence would be a great help. :D

SnakeManJohn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
An admin or moderator has to sticky it..regular members don't have the forum ability :)

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thats what I figured, I doubt its good enough to be approved to be a sticky. I just did it cause I had been recieving some crapy shipments.

Diva Satanica

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The thread in the Articles section is great, but I like this one as well for the fact that it shows packing for slings. Awesome job to both members who took the time to explain and post pics for those of us who aren't experienced with shipping. :)

Heather

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Great info! I doubt I will ever sell any slings, but if I do at least there is a method that seems easy and safe! Thanks for sharing!

I do have one question: I received 3 of my T's actually wrapped up in the paper towel... how in the heck did someone do that? They were in the same kind of vial as you pictured, but the spider was all wrapped up in it... I had to unroll the paper towel to get it out. It was amazing!