Packing and moving tarantulas during premolt?

bluenopinktoe

Arachnopeon
I'm moving back from college pretty soon and it will involve packing and shipping my tarantulas home. I'm pretty sure my a avic is in the beginning phases of premolt, so are there any precautions I should take when removing them from their enclosure, packing, and shipping them? I'll be using overnight animal-safe shipping, so I'm not worried about that.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
I'm moving back from college pretty soon and it will involve packing and shipping my tarantulas home. I'm pretty sure my a avic is in the beginning phases of premolt, so are there any precautions I should take when removing them from their enclosure, packing, and shipping them? I'll be using overnight animal-safe shipping, so I'm not worried about that.
As for special precautions to take specifically with T's in premolt, I would just suggest to make sure the shipping containers are packed in lots of padding (wadded paper, bubble wrap, Styrofoam, etc) to limit the potential for impacts. Other than that, wait until the last minute to pack them, then get them shipped and picked up and unpacked asap. Also be sure to get the live arrival guarantee from the vendor ;):rofl:

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Ultimately you just want to pack it just as mindful and you would anything else, so that if it does molt in transit it is as safe as possible, there’s not difference in quality of packing between premolt or not, should always be high