package arrived today!(V. spinigerus I2 scorplings)

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I bought some of those fruit flies once before from petco for a really small frog i raised and they were great... they reproduced for months and i never ran out!

sweet thats good to hear, im always seeing larva in the blue stuff at the bottom of the vail:)

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah you took my advice. :D i got my package in on friday. Each one of my scorps have eaten at least 5 fruit flies each. They are quick as lighning had. I blinked and one ended all the way up my arm while I was putting them into some substrate. These are very great active scorps.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah you took my advice. :D i got my package in on friday. Each one of my scorps have eaten at least 5 fruit flies each. They are quick as lighning had. I blinked and one ended all the way up my arm while I was putting them into some substrate. These are very great active scorps.

sure did, and yea there fast alright...ya really gotta deal with them carefully

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
you know Jungle, it's natural for the scorp to run a few times before they actually catch their prey. I usually leave them their for a few hours then check up on them. I've never had any live prey afterwards.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you know Jungle, it's natural for the scorp to run a few times before they actually catch their prey. I usually leave them their for a few hours then check up on them. I've never had any live prey afterwards.
every time the prey gets near it it runs away from it and all over the place. WHile the others went for it right away. I didnt want to stress it by leaving it closed in there, it wasnt a tatic or something, its a lil scorpling thats scared of its first live meal

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well the way I see it...THEY'RE SCORPIONS. Some of mine do the same thing while other bravely go touch them then run. instict always gets the best of them. But i suppose if you want to minimize stress that works too. How big are they from when you git them by the way?

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i have an adult P imp that will run out of it's burrow if a cricket gets into it. So a sling running from a cricket doesn't sound odd to me.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well the way I see it...THEY'RE SCORPIONS. Some of mine do the same thing while other bravely go touch them then run. instict always gets the best of them. But i suppose if you want to minimize stress that works too. How big are they from when you git them by the way?
uh check out the pics at the beginning of this thread for a pic of them by a penny.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well I mean how big are they now. Mine are double their size already... still small. What are the growth rates for these species anyways?

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I mean how big are they now. Mine are double their size already... still small. What are the growth rates for these species anyways?
those pics were taken like 5 days ago so there the same, except a little fatter. Not sure on the grown rate ill have to wait and see.

I see you bought some from the same guy also, how are yours doing/eating?

Last edited:

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Eating great. They love the fruitflies and I actually got a little runt that was noticibly smaller than the rest. Fed her first. She got a fancy meal...miny moth instead of fruit flies. I'll try to post some pics either tonight or tommorow.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Eating great. They love the fruitflies and I actually got a little runt that was noticibly smaller than the rest. Fed her first. She got a fancy meal...miny moth instead of fruit flies. I'll try to post some pics either tonight or tommorow.
cool, yea post some pics up man!

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow just wanted to comment on how good these guys are eating! Seems like they will take food whenever i put it in there(pinheads or fruitflys). So far since ive had them they all have had a meal the 10th, 13th, 17th, 21st, and today i wasnt plannin on feedin but some of my slings didnt want their dinner so i thew it in with these guys and all all ate again today(32rd). Im usta feeding all my stuff once a week and id be lucky if all my stuff took their weekly meal. These guys are eating whenever i feed em. Oh yea and the one who would never take the live food(for the first 3 times i fed it) finally cought and stung a live fruit fly for the first time...i was proud:)

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm feeding mine at least 3 fruitflies a day. Except for the past 3 days. I haven't fed them only because I've been busy. Hopefully I'll get to it tonight.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
same size as your...;D. They have't seem to gotten much bigger since I got them. I fed them for a while and through a magnifying glass monitored how fat they've gotten. They got kinda fat (if your looking trough the MG) but have't seemed to increased in size or width since.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ahh yea, I can tell just by looking at mine they got bulkier/fatter

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Have you seen them trough UV light. They look crazy golden yellow.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I bought a small handheld one form UV world. It works great. I went to my friend's dorm and stated looking for stains. Unfortuanly I found some. But yeah you can see the variations of glow and color with differet kinds of scorps. Emps just look like if you put them in the sun and have that greenish tint. But these little guys are yellow.