PA Keepers/Breeders?!

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Which are you? Keeper? Breeder? Both?

What part of PA?

I'm originally from NYC! Recently moved to the Poconos!

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Lol. Welcome to my neck of the woods. I am a keeper of T's and a breeder of roaches.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
I'm near philly. I'm a collector but also looking for local breeders.
Nice! Obviously we are dealing with Covid-19 @ the moment and God knows for how much longer but how are the Expos here in the Keystone State? I've only been to the one in White Plains, NY since I was born and raised in Queens, NYC.

DarkInvader

Arachnopeon
Nice! Obviously we are dealing with Covid-19 @ the moment and God knows for how much longer but how are the Expos here in the Keystone State? I've only been to the one in White Plains, NY since I was born and raised in Queens, NYC.
Hamburg always had one. I think they were suppose to have one in april or may. Good amount of breeders. I havent gone in 10 years. Got my second 2 ever there.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Hamburg always had one. I think they were suppose to have one in april or may. Good amount of breeders. I havent gone in 10 years. Got my second 2 ever there.
Just for curiosity sake.. what were your first 2 T's?!

Mine were a G. porteri bought as a G. rosea at the time and an O. schiodtei known as C. schiodtei at the time.

I cant believe how much success I actually had with the schiodtei being a novice owner at the time. I was able to raise it from a sling all the way until it hooked out and died.

Now I am only keeping a variety of NW's.

DarkInvader

Arachnopeon
Just for curiosity sake.. what were your first 2 T's?!

Mine were a G. porteri bought as a G. rosea at the time and an O. schiodtei known as C. schiodtei at the time.

I cant believe how much success I actually had with the schiodtei being a novice owner at the time. I was able to raise it from a sling all the way until it hooked out and died.

Now I am only keeping a variety of NW's.
Grammostola rosea and Cyriopagopus lividum

At one point I had around 80 ts but backed off big time in the last 5-7 years only leaving one balfouri left. I have a few coming this week and a balfouri communal to set up when they are ready to ship.

zboy20

Arachnopeon
I am originally from PA, i grew up in Schuylkill County. Now i reside in Central New Jersey. I am also a keeper, but i do plan on eventually becoming a breeder after i gain enough knowledge. I saw you asked what the first two T's were. Mine were Heteroscodra Maculata and Davus Pentaloris.
Now i have:
Davus Pentaloris
Heteroscodra maculata
Orphnaecus Sp. Blue
P. Metallica
Chilobrachys dyscolus x2
Pterinochilus murinus
Monocentropus Balfouri
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
Brachypelma boehmei

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
I am originally from PA, i grew up in Schuylkill County. Now i reside in Central New Jersey. I am also a keeper, but i do plan on eventually becoming a breeder after i gain enough knowledge. I saw you asked what the first two T's were. Mine were Heteroscodra Maculata and Davus Pentaloris.
Now i have:
Davus Pentaloris
Heteroscodra maculata
Orphnaecus Sp. Blue
P. Metallica
Chilobrachys dyscolus x2
Pterinochilus murinus
Monocentropus Balfouri
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
Brachypelma boehmei
Quite the variety!!

Pep48ito

Arachnopeon
I live in western PA. I currently only have one Tarantula, but a fair amount of reptiles. I know you aren't really near my area, but my local expos seem to have a lot of inverts, as well as a few vendors that specialize in venomous reptiles, I don't think the show here is worth traveling too far for, but if you are ever in the Pittsburgh area and its going on its worth peeking into.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I Miss PA I used to work in New Hope, some good insect collecting in bucks county and surrounding areas!!

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Currently living an hour away from Pittsburgh. I’m a casual breeder but mostly a keeper.

Table

Arachnosquire
I'm located about 45 minutes from Eire, Iv only just got my first two T's about 3 weeks ago.
A grammostola pulchra 1.5"
And a Tliltocatl albopilosum .75"

I do plain on getting a lot more T's and hopefully breeding in the coming years.
Iv really had a blast with these two little fellows (Unsexed XD).

Last edited: