P. What?

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I just saw this in a tank labled African Emporer Scorpions. It was in with one that obviously was a P. imperator but this looks funny lol
SO i bought it , dont know why just cause. I got a crappy pic of the underside so if you can guess the sex let me know lol (Guess die to the bad pic lol)

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Pandinus cavimanus, (AKA Tanzanian Redclaw, African red claw, or red claw emperor). Does not play well with others. {D {D {D Sex is determined by a 'sexual dimorphism' in the claws. See this post @ VL of Male & Female sexing

Last edited:

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
if you hit it wiht a pretty bright light , it looks like its prob a she and is gravid... I dont keep many scorps tho but looks like you can see some slings thru the sides of her if ya shine a flash light on her

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Pandinus cavimanus, (AKA Tanzanian Redclaw, African red claw, or red claw emperor). Does not play well with others. {D {D {D Sex is determined by a dimorphation in the claws.
ok so how do you tell by the claws?

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
ok so how do you tell by the claws?
That would be awesome if it was gravid...

I edited my post above, I never sexed one myself but here is the link again Over at VL It is something about one has a dent that the other does not

Last edited:

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That would be awesome if it was gravid...

I edited my post above, I never sexed one myself but here is the link again Over at VL It is something about one has a dent that the other does not
yeah i was lookin it over at the store and scratching my head, was trying to sex it but couldnt see well enough to tell if it wwas a P. imperator

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yeah i was lookin it over at the store and scratching my head, was trying to sex it but couldnt see well enough to tell if it wwas a P. imperator
I bought 2 P cavimanus' at a pet store mislabeled also as P imps. it was a good buy in my opinion. Then I found out that they are pretty aggressive towards tank mates, as I had only 1 left and a corpse.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
heres some pics of the chella and belly
chella look female to me judging by the pix in that post. also look at that belly looks gravid to me...of entirely too overfed lol but gheesh i have a male emp from the same place and its not got its belly buldging out the sides like that lol

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
aggressive they are! my male is completly psyco......hates everything,but i like him{D they are great scorps,he is even more aggressive than all of my hot scorps.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
aggressive they are! my male is completly psyco......hates everything,but i like him{D they are great scorps,he is even more aggressive than all of my hot scorps.
yeah this little chick tried to sting me lol it was wierd too she was sittin on my hand and just walkin around and then laid her tail on my hand as turned it over and started digging her stinger in lol so i dumped her back in her container lol