P Vittatta & P Muticus

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
P muticus is a very slow growing,,, very long lived species.
Dry substrate ,,, very deep ,, 3-4 inches for slings ,,10 inches for adults
water dish
easy.
Pet hole that you will only see at feeding time if your lucky

Feel free to correct me if I missed anything

cold blood

Staff member
Luckily the pokies are all pretty similar in care requirements. While I don't personally have a P. vittata, they keep exactly like the other pokies in my collection. As spiderlings 1.5-3" , I keep them in 32 oz deli containers with 3-4" of dirt and a cork tube or a half cork tube with a little bit of sphagnum moss. When they get over that 3" mark, I move them into a plastic half gallon food storage container (clear plastic with a screw off lid) with cork, dirt, moss, and maybe some decorative fake plants, where I keep them until they are about 6". After that point, I move mine into a 10 gallon aquarium standing right side up with a ventilated front door. I keep my adults in the aquariums as 'display pieces' since they are big and beautiful, but I'm sure there are plenty of other smaller and more economical enclosures to use.

Obviously, keep a full water dish in with any sized pokie.

Another thing to consider is that these things gain massive amounts of size with each molt, so they can outgrow an enclosure very quickly.

OT:
This exactly.

Instead of informative or potentially insightful posts, we have 7 (now 8 after my reply) posts about some meme which is not very helpful for the OP (which seemingly frustrates to them based on their responses), and does not really add anything to the discussion. A joke here and there is fine, but the OP literally said that he couldn't really find anything on the species because every time he uses the search function, he just comes up with meme-y posts about P. muticus.

This thread was a perfect opportunity for an experienced P. muticus keeper like Chis to add say something that addresses the initial questioned posed or at least copy and paste a genetic response that he might have saved on his computer about the species. However, we just got a post talking about heresy.

I don't see anything wrong with having inside jokes, having fun, or messing around every now and again, but I have met people in real life who absolutely *hate* this website because they don't believe that there is any real or useful discussion that happens here. (probably because of threads like this one)
exactly...theyre no differrent than regalis or any pokie...temperaments vary, but theyre typically calmer, holding position and relying on their natural camoflauge...easy keep. Breeding is typical pokie, an overnight stay with the female and removal in the am. Growth rates on the faster side, although my vitatta was the slowest growing pokie...but thats not the usual as others will tell you theirs grew fast.

As for muticus, they grow pretty slow, especially as they gain size. Good eaters, but not in a spectacular way like a Pamph or P. cam. They live longer than most baboons as a result, with females typically exceeding 20yrs.

Theyre a difficult t to breed, notorious male killers.

They also exhibit dimorphism as early as sub adults or large juvies, as the females get giant freakish back legs.

Not a t to get tagged by as they are large with potent venom. They are typically not runners, choosing to stand and fight...but dont let large bulky size fool you, they can be exceptionally fast when they want.

They need deep sub and will spend most of the time underground, and in a proper home with enough sub, theyre not terribly difficult to keep.

They like it dry, but deal with a little moisture better than most baboons. Always have a water dish.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Vittata had a recent name change from P pederseni. You might find more info there. Keep them other pokies.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
OT:
This exactly.

Instead of informative or potentially insightful posts, we have 7 (now 8 after my reply) posts about some meme which is not very helpful for the OP (which seemingly frustrates to them based on their responses), and does not really add anything to the discussion. A joke here and there is fine, but the OP literally said that he couldn't really find anything on the species because every time he uses the search function, he just comes up with meme-y posts about P. muticus.

This thread was a perfect opportunity for an experienced P. muticus keeper like Chis to add say something that addresses the initial questioned posed or at least copy and paste a genetic response that he might have saved on his computer about the species. However, we just got a post talking about heresy.

I don't see anything wrong with having inside jokes, having fun, or messing around every now and again, but I have met people in real life who absolutely *hate* this website because they don't believe that there is any real or useful discussion that happens here. (probably because of threads like this one)
I'm "sorry" Vezon, but in mine computer I don't have "ready to use" stuff to copy/paste for the moment for gain, maybe, a crappy "like" and whatnot here, in regards of Theraphosidae.

In general (lol) I speak (thus wrote) always about my experience, or what I know first hand.

This way (without the will to sound pompous at all) I managed to hit the second place ranking of the most "like received" users :)

Before I leaved even a single comment on this thread, the OP already mocked me in a certain way (implying chants and whatever, thus me and my passion for 0.1 Pelinobius muticus) about P.muticus. I can add something to what user cold blood said (top notch info, btw) but I wouldn't.

Btw, I helped at my best on this site, via PM and not, a lot of people about Theraphosidae, especially Megaphobema robustum care, and Pelinobius muticus care.

But all of that doesn't matter now. I did that in good faith, and I will continue so if someone wants to PM me, my "door" is always open. If I can help, I'm happy.

Which IMO matters to me is that you called me "Chis" (Chris).
No, man. My IRL name is Christian. My username here on this site is Chris LXXIX, just like yours is Vezon.

"Chris" is only for friends, and people I particularly like here: and you aren't one. So, next time you feel the urge for mention me, don't forget this, thank you.

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
I was kidding as we all sometimes kid. I was faux mocking you, I like your passion for the species and respect you even if your reply above is rash.

I kinda think vezon made a good point but I'm not on here for arguing so I'll just abandon my own thread. Thanks, participants. Bye.