P. Villosus Pic(got bored)

saxman146

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just sitting at home on a rainy day. I'm bored. Maybe this will help end someone else's boredness.

Selket

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is a cool pic. That is helping me with my boring day. Except I should be studying right now, and I am looking at pictures of scorpions...{D

Nungunugu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What instar is it?
My female finally molted to adulthood, now I just have to wait for the male.

saxman146

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's 5i. Can't wait for mine to mature either. They take soooo long.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Finally got one, hey man ? {D

Well, just know they take a while to mature, and HOT temps help them give birth (assuming you breed them).

saxman146

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, I turned it up to 300F last night and she pooped out three litters. So freakin sweet dude. :D I soooo wish it was like that. I figure it's gonna be about five more months before this male matures. He is averaging about 2 1/2 months per instar. I even keep the heat in there a grillin'. He has the choice to go to the cool side of the tank, but he loves it hot. :eek:

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
so you do have a breeding pair right?

i hope things work out for you, Parabuthus species tend to have a reputation for being hard to breed. good luck :)

saxman146

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Update. Same parabuthus villosus and comparison in size of P. Schlechteri 4i. The villosus is now 6i.

Last edited:

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What makes them hard to breed? Do they not like to mate? Infertile embryos? Or she eats them? Thanks, ryan

(sorry if this is a hijack, I have heard this before and haven't heard reason)
Thanks for the pics saxman! NICE

so you do have a breeding pair right?

i hope things work out for you, Parabuthus species tend to have a reputation for being hard to breed. good luck :)