Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

P. Villosus Pic(got bored)

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by saxman146, Apr 5, 2009.

1. saxman146

saxman146 Arachnobaron Old Timer

Advertisement
    Just sitting at home on a rainy day. I'm bored. Maybe this will help end someone else's boredness.

2. Selket

Selket Arachnobaron

That is a cool pic. That is helping me with my boring day. Except I should be studying right now, and I am looking at pictures of scorpions...{D

3. Nungunugu

Nungunugu Arachnosquire

What instar is it?
    My female finally molted to adulthood, now I just have to wait for the male.

4. saxman146

It's 5i. Can't wait for mine to mature either. They take soooo long.

5. tabor

tabor Arachnoprince Old Timer

Finally got one, hey man ? {D

Well, just know they take a while to mature, and HOT temps help them give birth (assuming you breed them).

6. saxman146

Yeah, I turned it up to 300F last night and she pooped out three litters. So freakin sweet dude. :D I soooo wish it was like that. I figure it's gonna be about five more months before this male matures. He is averaging about 2 1/2 months per instar. I even keep the heat in there a grillin'. He has the choice to go to the cool side of the tank, but he loves it hot. :eek:

7. tabor

tabor Arachnoprince Old Timer

so you do have a breeding pair right?

i hope things work out for you, Parabuthus species tend to have a reputation for being hard to breed. good luck :)

8. praetorian2150

praetorian2150 Arachnoknight

that things all about 1st degree murder lol. great pic

9. saxman146

Update. Same parabuthus villosus and comparison in size of P. Schlechteri 4i. The villosus is now 6i.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  10. Nomadinexile

Nomadinexile Arachnoking

What makes them hard to breed? Do they not like to mate? Infertile embryos? Or she eats them? Thanks, ryan

(sorry if this is a hijack, I have heard this before and haven't heard reason)
    Thanks for the pics saxman! NICE

11. The amount of hair is incredible!
    Little beauty!

-J

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.