P. victori recommendations!

korlash091

Arachnosquire
Hi everyone!
Following the advice of some users of this forum (@The Grym Reaper @Aleetist), im about to place an order for a P. victori sling (mby juvive they say is like 4cm DLS).
So im looking fo recommendations, about care, enclosure, temperament.
I want to be prepared.

Thank you in advance.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
You can't predict the temperament (altough certain species, like P.irminia, almost never 'betray') because temperament always vary... expect the classic Psalmopoeus spp. one, so fast as heck, sorta (sorta) defensive one.

I don't have this species (nor I plan to buy one in the recent future) but without doubts I would keep (an hypothetical) one just like I keep a P.cambridgei... same (arboreal, obviously) set up, and parameters :)

Last edited:

korlash091

Arachnosquire
You can't predict the temperament (altough certain species, like P.irminia, almost never 'betray') because temperament always vary... expect the classic Psalmopoeus spp. one, so fast as heck, sorta (sorta) defensive one.

I don't have this species (nor I plan to buy one in the recent future) but without doubts I would keep (an hypothetical) one just like I keep a P.cambridgei... same (arboreal, obviously) set up, and parameters :)
Thank you for the fast reply and info.
i know they're fast, and kind of cranky, but i've never kept any Psalmopoeus, so im not really familiar with the parameters.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Arboreal setup with cork round and foliage.
18-25c
Overflow the dish every couple weeks
Fast spiders
Super fast growth rate

Everything you would want in an arboreal tarantula :)

cold blood

Staff member
Arboreal set up, but not an avic like arboreal set up.

There should be a ground level hiding area, surrounded by plants.

Otherwise Psalmos are quite adaptable, being fast and great hunters, they do need space though....but deal with both moist and dry conditions easily.

Great genus.

korlash091

Arachnosquire
Arboreal setup with cork round and foliage.
18-25c
Overflow the dish every couple weeks
Fast spiders
Super fast growth rate

Everything you would want in an arboreal tarantula :)
Arboreal set up, but not an avic like arboreal set up.

There should be a ground level hiding area, surrounded by plants.

Otherwise Psalmos are quite adaptable, being fast and great hunters, they do need space though....but deal with both moist and dry conditions easily.

Great genus.
Nice thank you for the advice, i'll set up an enclosure, and post a pic here, just to make sure i did it correctly.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
As above, typical non-Avic arboreal setup.

A few inches of slightly moist sub in case they decide to burrow (my victori is the only Psalmo I've kept to do this), a cork tube or cork slab leant into a corner, low-mid level plant cover around the bark, a water dish and you're good.

korlash091

Arachnosquire
As above, typical non-Avic arboreal setup.

A few inches of slightly moist sub in case they decide to burrow (my victori is the only Psalmo I've kept to do this), a cork tube or cork slab leant into a corner, low-mid level plant cover around the bark, a water dish and you're good.
Thank you man!

Aleetist

Arachnosquire
I think you've got it all from the above. Definitely agree with @The Grym Reaper about the burrowing/tunnels. My P. Victorii has utilized every single level of the enclosure.

For my experience with behavior my girl (hopefully) so far has stayed on track with being quite fast, but she is a bit skittish and I definitely haven't gotten any defensive let alone aggressive behaviors out of her (not yet anyway). She isn't too shy to be out though and I can always find her except in premolt, she webs herself up really well in a dirt tunnel/curtain so expect that.

Good luck, they are an amazing spider and I know you will fall in love too <3

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
P victori are easy to care for, and as hardy as any other Psalmopoeus species.
Typical Psalmo behavior and defensiveness as well.

My female used to be quite visible and was always out in the open as a juvie, but now hides a lot as an adult.

Im 99% sure shes sitting on an eggsack at the moment as well, but i dont want to tear all this apart and disturb her to find out 20181101_194619.jpg

korlash091

Arachnosquire
I think you've got it all from the above. Definitely agree with @The Grym Reaper about the burrowing/tunnels. My P. Victorii has utilized every single level of the enclosure.

For my experience with behavior my girl (hopefully) so far has stayed on track with being quite fast, but she is a bit skittish and I definitely haven't gotten any defensive let alone aggressive behaviors out of her (not yet anyway). She isn't too shy to be out though and I can always find her except in premolt, she webs herself up really well in a dirt tunnel/curtain so expect that.

Good luck, they are an amazing spider and I know you will fall in love too <3
Im pretty sure i'll fall in love with mine, everything you and grim said made choose this one over other options.
P victori are easy to care for, and as hardy as any other Psalmopoeus species.
Typical Psalmo behavior and defensiveness as well.

My female used to be quite visible and was always out in the open as a juvie, but now hides a lot as an adult.

Im 99% sure shes sitting on an eggsack at the moment as well, but i dont want to tear all this apart and disturb her to find out View attachment 292310
That's a pretty dope web tunnel. :astonished:

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That's a pretty dope web tunnel. :astonished:
Theres actually 3 chambers to that, and a tube of sphagnum as well. Theyre quite constructive. They are extremely beautiful post molt, and even the best photographers fall short of capturing how awesome they look in real life

korlash091

Arachnosquire
Theres actually 3 chambers to that, and a tube of sphagnum as well. Theyre quite constructive. They are extremely beautiful post molt, and even the best photographers fall short of capturing how awesome they look in real life
Cant wait to get mine and see how he/she remodels the enclosure.

Just felt like I should share this here :)
Awesome picture man, she's beautiful, the colors are awesome!

korlash091

Arachnosquire
This is how I keep my arboreal slings this specific one is a p.irminia
Cool thanks man!

These are the enclosures that I've put together. I'll use one of them depending on the size of the T when it arrives.
What do you guys think? 20181119_233649.jpg 20181119_233630.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: