P transvallicus pics...

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Shot a couple of cool feeding time pics of one of my P transvallicus and thought I'd share. enjoy

Phil

Mmmm tasty :)

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow sweet pictures. I love how wicked P transvallicus looks, with thier jumbo stinger.

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow! Great pics!!! They seem to have quite large Medial eyes ,so there vision must be pretty good! Wicked looking little feller!!

Mat

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Great pics. My scorps are a little more difficult to get any pics out of though. I suppose they love their burrows too much and are fed too well to actually come out after something. *lol* Perhaps I'll get a good "upset" shot of one of them soon.

Also, I noticed that you do not use sand as substrate. That's probably one of the reasons why your's come out long enough to do some photography of them. I keep all my Parabuthus scorps on "dirty sand" and they stay in their burrows under the stones almost all the time. They are avid borrowers and constantly work on them. *lol*

adios,
edw. :)

Last edited:

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
P. transvaalicus is one of my favorite scorps. Big, blackish with neat red tips, wonderfully bulky, and that sculptured tail!

Just don't get stung. The individual I know who was, claimed it felt like he'd been kicked in the groin for a solid week. That's something I could do without.

bill

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
not planning to get stung....

Fear not Bill I always keep in mind that my hot scorps are nothing to play around with. Now I do get close enough to get spit on but then again I have yet to see one do it although they do love to sting. :)

Phil