P transvaal scorpling issues

CornMarx

Arachnopeon
Hello! I have (well unfortunately had) 2 parabuthus transvaalicus scorplings. I got both when they were 2i, and they were kept identically. One molted quickly after I got him, as I knew they were molt bound when I bought them. The other one however just... Didn't molt, kept eating, and I found him today definitely croaked. What's really confusing me is the other one is from the exact same brood and is doing absolutely great! I guess what I'm getting at is, was this just poor genetics? I've triple and quadruple checked my temps humidity and the rest of the collection, everyone's fine I've had a number of molts recently and all have gone perfectly. I keep telling myself it's just something that happens but still. Any help?

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
Its just the way it is with scorplings in a brood unfortunately. Some will grow much bigger and healthier than others from the same brood. It seems the one that died was probably the runt of the litter. It could also be the reason why the mother eats some of her brood, she can sense which scorplings are the weak ones in the litter and unlikely to survive.

CornMarx

Arachnopeon
Its just the way it is with scorplings in a brood unfortunately. Some will grow much bigger and healthier than others from the same brood. It seems the one that died was probably the runt of the litter. It could also be the reason why the mother eats some of her brood, she can sense which scorplings are the weak ones in the litter and unlikely to survive.
I assumed poor genetics was at play, I can't help but feel there was more I could've done but the other one is preparing for the 3i to 4i molt and the one that passed was still at 2i... Must've just been the way it was meant to be :( thank you so much for answering friend :)

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
I assumed poor genetics was at play, I can't help but feel there was more I could've done but the other one is preparing for the 3i to 4i molt and the one that passed was still at 2i... Must've just been the way it was meant to be :( thank you so much for answering friend :)
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do"

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do"
I recently had 3 scorplings, one very small that lived for about 1 week, one slightly bigger, lived for around 3 weeks, the third one very heathy and doing well. I'ts just the way it is, and as @ Dr Sky Tower says mother usually picks off the weakest as she knows better than we do.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
This one was simply not meant to be. The scorplings of this species thrives in 85F-95F temps. Light misting every two weeks is great up til the 5th instar. Late last December I acquired a 2nd instar as a freebie and it has since molted twice to the 4th instar.