P.trans is DEAD!!!

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Had me going...

Nothing like adding to the impression of vulnerability during a molt than lying on your back too. I've been wondering why these guy do that. Is it some sort of defense like an opossum? Play dead and my attacker won't eat me?

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you know.. I never thought about it but that is a very interesting theory! I have heard of these and Andros and L.quins doin it.. with exception to the L.quin I might think it has something to do with the giant tail but I really like your theory.. that would be a "safe" way to molt in the open.Hopefully we will get some more opinions on this

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Because of what the P. trans I have/had went through, I KNEW your P. trans died! I'm glad it's just molting(need "relief" smiley here). I have three blasting off after I lost four. I'm pretty confident the remaining are going to make it. Pretty sure I have two females and one male. We're going for babies later. Congrats! I've had allot of scorps but not many diff sp. Right now, these look to be my favorite.

Hey I like that sub you have in there. Is that just light colored sand and a little coco fiber? When I got these, I didn't even know they turned on their back to molt. I didn't know what was going on. Will you be posting a pic after the molt?

Last edited:

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
and congrats on you 2 females and a male! thats awesome! how long till they mature?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't know:? . It's hard to tell but yours looks to be close to the same instar mine are. Maybe mine are one number up, just guessing though. I haven't kept up with molts.

I got the male from Brian S. The two females came from someone else.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am pretty sure this is I4 molting to I5.. could be only molting to I4 though Im not sure.

Last edited:

Australis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
P.traans are sweet...molting is wat i fear most...
Lost all my franzwerneri...it molted and got stuck...well its pincers got stuck tat is...:(

Oh well...guess i'll have to start all over again

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
OK, yea I've really been thinking these were I5. One I have is one instar behind the other two right now. They're darker than they have ever been after this last molt. I'm starting to see a "bigger" scorp now. I bet you're right, prob going to I5. I took a pic earlier and was going to post a pic so you could see but that pic site is down. Dang!, I'm going to bed, I don't have any molting stuff right now:) .

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
lol well post them when you have time. I was so excited for this molt because there should be a good increase in tail size. and when I look closely at the pic I can see that it looks female from the pectines :D now I need more :D

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
alright now for the final shots.. first a pre molt to show the tail and such.

now my new bad ass scorp lol

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That ROCKS! I like the purple color after a molt. Seems like it takes about a week or so to get really dark. I still can't upload pics because the Photobucket site is down for maintenance. I can post pics that are already uploaded but I can't upload new ones yet. I was going to post a pic of two sibs, one is one instar behind the other. Pretty big diff in size. I'll remember to post it later. One's tail got stuck when molting. Too dry I think so I slooooowwly pulled and worked with the scorp to get it off and it was OK('whooosh' smiley).

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thats cool I look forward to seeing the pics. I was impressed with this little!! cant wait to feed her. I loaded my photos into photobucket today.. :?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Son of Diddly! I still can't log on to Photobucket:mad: . Anybody else having this problem? Maybe they have servers scattered around with some working and some they're doing maintenance on:? Oh, staying on topic... rockin scorp molt!

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thats strange... I use the Flock Photobucket Edition with the uploader so maybe thats why I can still use it I dont know.

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awesome! The purple color reminds me a bit of my younger Avicularia purpurea. Devinately an awesome scorp. Oh yeah, and you really had me going with the dead scorp bit... I was confused for a minute before I realized it was molting on its back. Huzzah for molts! :D

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
thats strange... I use the Flock Photobucket Edition with the uploader so maybe thats why I can still use it I dont know.
Ha, my computer was grabbing that "Photobucket site under maintenance" page out of my cache! I had a hunch and I found that out when I cleared all my temp files. It does this on one other site too, NOAA weather. If I don't clear my temp files in a week, I'm still looking at last weeks weather! Oh well, here's the pic of two sibs. They are only one instar apart. I think the one on the right is I5. They have both gone godzilla on crickets and sure didn't look this big after the molts. Stretchy scorps.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL thats awesome. when I first got mine it wouldnt hesitate to eat anything I put in there.. then it was so chubby before the molt it would actually waddle around the cage. very funny stuff. thanks for sharing the pics I look forward to getting mine ready for another molt :)