P. Subfusca question

bongie

Arachnopeon
Hi guys. I want to ask something concerning my subfusca. I've had it for a mounth now. It's a small sling (3 molts). It's my first pokie and the 1st spider I buy as a sling. It stopped eating 3 weeks ago. I know that that suggests premolt but I thought the premolt period for little spiders is way shorter. The temp in the room is around 22-23 Celsius (71-75 farenheit) and I mist almost every day. Should I be concerned or that's normal.

Something else I wanted to ask is do pokies get a bold spot on their abdomen when they're in premolt? I guess the answer is no but just in case :}. And if I'm right I guess the only way to know that a pokie is in premolt is if it stops feeding?

razor244

Arachnopeon
when i powerfeed my slings they stop eating a couple of weeks before molting. it could also taking a bit longer because of temps .i doubt there is any problem . there is no bald spot on pokies when they are in premolt. refusal of food is primary indication of premolt i get from my regalis sling.

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
I've got 3 pokie juvies that I've had from slings. They each stop eating at different intervals before molts, but certainly it can be a couple weeks or more - even at that size. So, I wouldn't worry about it at the moment anyway.

bongie

Arachnopeon
Thx a lot for the answers guys. When I woke up this morning I saw that the sling has molted during the night. So it's all good :D

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When they'll get a bit bigger, sliding down the glass is another sign : )