P.subfusca "Lowland" enclosure tutorial

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Decided to make a enclosure for this girl and thought I would share.

[youtube]GmkFnXWiBsA[/youtube]

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I have been told by a very experienced hobbyist that this is a "highland" Subfusca......have also been told by other experienced hobbiest that it is a "Lowland" subfusca. I am just going to call it a "Subfusca" LOL!

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice Pokie Rob :)

If I may ask the "dirt" is? Just dirt or peat? Did not look like coir.

Just wondering what your using these days.

Cheers,

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have been told by a very experienced hobbyist that this is a "highland" Subfusca......have also been told by other experienced hobbiest that it is a "Lowland" subfusca. I am just going to call it a "Subfusca" LOL!
The problem is with so many color variants on this particular species... it is hard to know what is what.

if I can get a couple pics of my HL next to my (what I call LL and was sold as LL) there is a HUGE difference in size, printing and coloring (especially on the carapace). My LL is much larger than my HL.

I have had a few people tell me LL and a few people tell me HL.

Guess it is kind of like trying to guess How many licks it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop... The world will never really know.

tony77tony77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I believe this is a lowland Subfusca!!! The highland are darker in colors. Whatever it is highland, lowland, midland, iceland, whateverland its pretty!!

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Very nice Pokie Rob :)

If I may ask the "dirt" is? Just dirt or peat? Did not look like coir.

Just wondering what your using these days.

Cheers,
I use 100% Eco-earth

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I believe this is a lowland Subfusca!!! The highland are darker in colors. Whatever it is highland, lowland, midland, iceland, whateverland its pretty!!
LOL!! I saw post somewhere where "Ray Gabriel" said that LOL!!!

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The problem is with so many color variants on this particular species... it is hard to know what is what.

if I can get a couple pics of my HL next to my (what I call LL and was sold as LL) there is a HUGE difference in size, printing and coloring (especially on the carapace). My LL is much larger than my HL.

I have had a few people tell me LL and a few people tell me HL.

Guess it is kind of like trying to guess How many licks it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop... The world will never really know.
LOL!!! Cak!!!!!

bioshock

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Rob your only dude i know who can make me sit there and watch his videos a 1,000,000, times and not get bored!! I like your videos very informational and educating to watch.. It would be a pleasure to meet you in the future. :D:D