P.subfusca lowland and highland difference?

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi!

Can anyone experienced with these species explain me the difference?

Thanks!

Alain

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Sorry, I do not have experience between the two in captivity. But, what I do know, is its believed they have different coloration/form because of environmental adaptions, (ex: darker = absorb more warmth in colder climates = higher elevations).

-Sean

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry, I do not have experience between the two in captivity. But, what I do know, is its believed they have different coloration/form because of environmental adaptions, (ex: darker = absorb more warmth in colder climates = higher elevations).

-Sean
Thanks anyway, I kinda figure that out.

Take care!

Alain

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Then may I ask what you would like explained?

Cheers,
-Sean
I would like to know precisly(sorry for the spelling)the color of the lowland and the color of the highland,if there is a difference in size, if the low land grow faster then the highland, etc...

mcy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
only way you would know this if you went and found your species in the wild otherwise your guess would be as good as anyone elses. yours could easily be a mix of both highland and lowland BUT i've heard the higher the altitude the darker color they are THIS is the difference there are no special markings for highland and lowland in fact its the same spider just caught at different altitudes in the wilderness