P. subfusca ll or P. vittata?

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
I decided the next T for me is likely going to be one of these two. I've had 2 species of this genus (regalis and metallica) and I'm okay with the husbandry I just want to know about:

-feeding response
-growth rate
-webbing tendencies
-any opinions anybody has about one or both of them

Thanks guys

P.s. Be careful with your answers please I don't want to end up getting both

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
All pokies are pretty much the same in those terms...with individual variances.
I see. I read rufilata and ornata, despite their leg span, have a slower growth rate than other poecs. I never fact checked that on AB though. I trust you, and I guess you're right I should just get both

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I see. I read rufilata and ornata, despite their leg span, have a slower growth rate than other poecs. I never fact checked that on AB though. I trust you, and I guess you're right I should just get both
my 1/2" rufilata sling i got in April or something is female and 5" and in premolt again. ornata grew 3" in the last 5 months. theyre all super quick growers, those two being prob the fastest.

cold blood

Staff member
My ornata grew fast, just like other pokies. She's 7.5"

The slowest growing pokie I raised was my AF vitatta ...but that's not indicative of them being slower growing, just that my specimen was...normally vitatta grow faster than mine.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
You'll get both eventually. Might as well just do it:happy:

And I agree..... if you've kept this genus already, there isn't a ton of difference between the species.

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
As soon as I see a fair deal in the classifieds I'll most likely purchase either one of them. Thanks for your guys' input and if you know anyone waiting on a sac keep me in mind!

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
-feeding response
-growth rate
-webbing tendencies
-any opinions anybody has about one or both of them

Subfusca (highland) is one of the smaller Poecs and for me grows a little slower. Behavior-wise, Poecs are pretty similar, with my formosa consistently being the most nervous (not crazy nervous like some OW's though). Poecs tend to spin as slings/juveniles and almost always give that up as adults.

You can't go wrong with any Poec species, they're all beautiful.